I Need Some Serious Help

Do you think growing your hair out to longer lengths is something your really want? You stated your issues about dealing with a lot of hair, so would you consider focusing on maintaining, or cutting it to a length that you feel more comfortable to work with?
I have thought about what length I want to be at even with all this hair and yes I want WL. I used to say I want to be MBL or an inch or two past it and it still wasn't long enough for me. I'm never cutting my hair U less I absolutely have to, like I did some months ago due to irregular trims

Start dusting your ends every business quarter. I learned the hard way, not dusting my ends cost me inches. :nono:

Only use the SM poo when you need to clarify. Even then follow-up with a moisturizing poo. You need to get a moisturizing poo, so your hair is not drying out, during the cleansing process.

Keep your ends well lubed.

Re-evaluate your retention in three months.

Are your French braids/ends resting on your clothing?

I know that's what I'm thinking too! Need to make sure I trim regularly! I'll get a moisturizing shampoo so that my hair won't feel so dry after I clarify. I'm gonna try bagging my ends too so that they can stay moist.. I tuck my ends underneath my French braids when my hair is French braided. I never have them resting on my clothes

If your hair isn't breaking, it sounds like it could be your lack of trimming, and then doing a large, 2-3 inch trim. How often do you trim/ dust and how much would you say usually comes off?
Yeah I'm going to start trimming more regularly because right now, I do not trim regularly.

Back