I may be over thinking this but... (sorry, long rant)

Jaizee said:
Wow, I didn't think it was that serious. :look:

I mean, aren't most black women relaxed? I personally don't know any who aren't. I also personally don't know any black women who never had extensions or a weave. It's not like the article lied or anything....

Yes... and weaved up. It's the truth. I mean if 90% of your audience falls into that category what's wrong with tailoring your advice to them? I don't see the problem... Majority Rules. I mean if I really wanted to read about some natural hair I'd pick up a braids and beauty magazine or something. But of course that mag has crappy info in it too. Worse than what Cosmo prescribed anyway. I just look at the pictures. :look:

Last edited:
Stuff like this bothers because "other folks" read it. Then they try and come to me like they're educated about "highly textured hair". They assumed to get my hair staight I use a relaxer. To get my hair culry I go the salon... :lol:

The question would be then is: Has anyone bothered towrite these people?
I am one who does not say anything unless something is going to be done.;)

Tsipy

LondonDiva said:
Pantene. That's the best they could offer. They can fudge off. Hell I don't even pay attention to black hair advice in BLACK magazines let alone Cosmo.

I had a similar thought too....lol It may be an advertisement of some sort.
Some one mentioned that some questions of are made up. I believe the same.

BTW Your pics are pretty.

Tsipy

sounds like sound advice to me

part about the relaxers + weaves: it pertains to the majority so it makes sense that she would say that

shampoo every 10-14 days: decrease shampoos to retain moisture. however, she didnt say WASH EVERY 10-14 days. she basically said dont shampoo frequently. we all know that black hair (treated or not) loves water and conditioner but hates shampoo because it robs us of our moisture. i wonder if she meant "dont shampoo frequently but rinse regularly". that would have been better

but at face value and if you interpret the shampoo part the way i did, it is really good advice. but for relaxers, i would go longer than 6 weeks... im natural now ssoo yea LOL

anky said:
Let's just keep in mind that Pantene is one of Cosmo's biggest sponsors and supporters. Yes, I agree with parts of the response given-- they were just trying to help.

I agree also that Pantene may be part of this.

LOL at the V for Vendetta. I has one, then chopped it all off recently.

Tsipy

Back