I love this Ficcare

MWEDZI- Hard to notice the clip with all that gorgeous hair of yours!

Very nice. They are really comfortable. I slept in my Maximas, but I've heard it's possible to flatten them that way, so I stopped. I would like a comfortable head band, since all the ones I have pinch. Maybe when day when I am more monied I'll get a Ficcare head band.

Thanks. Sorry it's uncomfortable for you. Your hair is a lot longer than mine, maybe that's why. Maybe you can check out the Ficcare thread on Long Hair Community for some styles that won't pull. There are a lot of women there with very long hair that seem to find them comfortable.

BEAUTIFUL....you know I always love your hair & accessories Mwedzi! I'm adding these clips to my wish list ... great to have your stamp of approval :yep:

I know this clip doesn't get much love here like it does elsewhere, but it's great! :grin: If only it weren't so pricey, I would definitely have more than one. :giggle: I have the Maximas clip. This is the website for them:

http://ficcare.com/Categories.aspx?id=1

Really, there is no other clip like this that I've found. Those little cheap clips from the local beauty supply store just can't measure up. For a visual comparison, comparing the bss clips to a Ficcare is like comparing this:

7561015910.jpg

to this:

biona-coconut-oil.jpg

:lol: I'm so serious when I say it, too. It is the best and easiest clip for me to hold my hair up when I'm doing anything. I can put my hair up easily and it stays. For example, when trying to do the Southern Tease bun using a cheap clip, it was so useless. It couldn't hold anything! And the edges were all sharp. I felt like I was trying to pin my hair up with jagged scissors. :perplexed

The Maximas clip can hold a lot of hair. I have thick hair and the number of accessories that can really handle my hair is few. The clip prongs themselves are thick and sturdy, but it's the spring that I think makes the most difference. Anyway, here are some pictures of how I can use it. I have the large size from the Lotus Jewel collection in the color gold. Please excuse the tag in one photo; it was the first day I got it and I was trying out styles deciding if I would keep it.

ficcareredsweater-1.jpg

If you want to try them in person, you can go to the accessories department at Nordstrom's. For the ladies in Europe, I know shipping there is high. There is also a European site where they sell some (not as much variety) and the prices are a bit higher:
http://www.stone-bridge.co.uk/ficcare-clips-34-c.asp

These are pretty, but are they metal? If they are metal, these types of clips can actually cut the hair. Not trying to rain on your parade, thanks for sharing, but if metal with no protection, ladies beware.

I have this clip. Never experienced any damage from it. It holds great. I always get great complications. I highly recommend it.

I'm already maxed out on hair accessories this month (spent $60). But I plan on ordering one in the future to add to my collection. I love hair clips. It makes a big difference when protective styling.

These are pretty, but are they metal? If they are metal, these types of clips can actually cut the hair. Not trying to rain on your parade, thanks for sharing, but if metal with no protection, ladies beware.

Yes, it is metal. But these are not like the clips you get at the bss. Trust me, these are very smooth. There are no sharp edges to cut, they are rounded. Even the teeth on the inside of the top clamp are very smooth. Metal does not cut just because it's metal; it will cut only if it has a cutting edge. Compare metal scissors to a metal pipe by using both to try to cut a piece of paper. :lol:

Last edited:
Do these clips snag????

Not in my experience, no. And my hair snags on everything. My hair snags on plain round elastic ties with no metal, just because my hair will coil around and around the tie. I have only one hair accessory that compares to this one in terms of how gently it is to the hair, and it is a hand-turned hair stick that is smooth as glass that I got on Etsy.

Thanks. Sorry it's uncomfortable for you. Your hair is a lot longer than mine, maybe that's why. Maybe you can check out the Ficcare thread on Long Hair Community for some styles that won't pull. There are a lot of women there with very long hair that seem to find them comfortable.

Many thanks for your suggestion, Mwedzi. I noticed that the women at the Long Hair Community put their Ficcares over their entire bun instead of leaving some out and clipping over that like I was doing. It looks like you clip over your entire bun/updo, too. No wonder I felt tension; my bun was putting tension on the little bit of hair that the clip was holding.

Now it's super comfortable and I feel no tension at all.

Mwdezi, it doesn't hold up as well like it does on your gorgeous hair but it will do, lol.

Last edited:
Gorgeous! Both the clip and your hair! I don't have nearly enough hair yet to justify buying it yet, but its going on my wish list!

I am on the website now, with 3 in my shopping bag. I wonder if the ficcare site has the best price?

OMG Mwedzi...I LOVE Ficcares too! I got the one i have from the LHC board in the swap forum....i have the Maximas clip in Honey Marble with the Gold Border....I want a new one...i really want a Lotus one as well:yep:

Those things are the bomb tho! Just kinda pricey.

Back