I discovered a new straightening brush! review

amy1234

Glad the forum is back up! I recently tested out a new brush over the weekend. Its called the straightening brush and its made by goody, conair or denman..here's a pic http://www.ballbeauty.com/images/d79.jpg . I have the goody version and tested it out over the weekend with a blowdrier on my thick air dried hair that was in a bun for a few days. I compared the straightening brush (right side) to my traditional ceramic round brush (left side). The results that I got from the straightening brush was straight, shiny and bouncy hair! It looked as if I had used a flat iron on it! Now when I used the round brush on the left section, my hair was still quite puffy and just did not yield the same results that the straightening brush did. I'm on a bun challenge , so I won't be able to try it on hair that is rollerset for one full month. I wanted to recommend it to some of the ladies that are having problems doing blow-outs ect. it is really a keeper.
grin.gif

Thanks for the tip. I've seen these brushes but didn't think twice about them because I wasn't sure if they would work on African American hair. But, with your suggestion, I may just give it a shot!

How exactly do you use it? Do you use a blowdryer and then use the brush? Is it complicated? I had problems trying a dominican brush out with a round brush, is it as hard as that?

you use a blowdryer with the brush. Its almost like flat ironing your hair but instead you are using the brush in one hand, and the blowdryer in the other. And you're directing the heat on top of the section following the brush. Its not as complicated as using the round brush at all because the two clamps of the brush are griping the hair together to straighten the hair easier. HTH

Back