I did the big chop!

Tene

I couldn't take it anymore I wanted to see what my natural hair look like. Plus after I seen a pic of this girl that did the big chop yesterday that just made me really wanna do it. I started last night and just finished not to long ago. I bought a headband and some more earrings to wear. I feel so free and relieved to cut off that awful relaxed hair. I'll be posting pics of my hair soon. Also I want someone to tell me from the pics when I post them if it looks like I got all of the relaxed hair. I had some trouble because a lot of my new growth looked similar to my relaxed hair.

Congratulations!!!
Can't wait to see the pics. Be careful with the parts you are unsure about being natural or relaxed. The last time I bc'd I ended up cutting into my natural hair. This time I gave myself about a month to get all of the relaxed ends off, trimming a little every week or so. Good luck and enjoy your hair.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Are you cutting the hair wet or dry? It was much easier for me to see the difference on wet hair.

Good luck!

yay! congrats!! Be careful with those scissors! When i did the bc, i had leftover straight hair, not ends. I learned the hard way that you need to give those certain strands time to grow out and reveal the natural texture. So you might like hopeful said give your hair some time to really grow and see what is really relaxed vs natural hair.

jasmine:)

Ok, this second glass of wine is to you! Congrats on your BC! The ladies have given great advice.

Another bc-er! Congrats! You know, it was spring/early summer last year when a whole bunch of people ended up doing their bc's around the same time, including myself. It must be something about the weather :lol:

Congratulations Tene on your BC! Your hair looks really pretty. Actually, we might be hair relatives.

I hope you love your new journey as much as I have--it really was the best decision for me.

Congratz on your bc!! :) If you have any straight ends left you will be able tosee them the next time you wash. You can clip as you find them. Just make sure the are relaxed ends, and not a finer texture of your hair. I have 3 diff texturesm, and parts of my nape/kitchen will straighten on their own after a while.

Back