I am going back to square one

Bellamystic

Hey ladies, I decided to go natural again after I BCed in August '08 and I am currently approaching 10 inches of relaxed hair. The reason I am going natural again is because I miss how I used to could get it wet and not have to flat iron it so that it could look presentable. My hair when it is relaxed, I almost always have to use heat because it is so frizzy. That is my down fall. So, I'm approaching 10 inches of fragile strands. My hair was thick, but now it is so thin and I think it's due to the relaxers. I don't want it to get longer and look even more thin and frail looking. I have seen some ladies of color with long strands, but it was thin nd lifeless and I see that in my relaxed future. I will be transitioning for 1 year before I BC again. Wish me luck. I can't wait to be able to use good moisturizers again without my hair looking weighed down. I had so much fun with my natural hair and I miss it!

This will be my second attempt. First attempt was in 2000 (ten years wow) and I b/c at 2 inches. Then I let mom talk me into relaxing again almost immediately afterwards. Im not gonna bc this time. Transition it is.

Congratulations on your decision.
With all of the knowledge here, I am sure your transition will go as smoothly as possible.

I intend to be a 2 year transitioner but I marked my 12 month mark with a mini BC, I cut from APL to a little above SL. So now my back hairs are almost completely natural.
I LOVE IT. My hair is so much easier to detangle and style.

Good luck!
Make sure you join the threads
like Transitioners 2010
for support... for advice/styles

:)

Congratulations on your decision.
With all of the knowledge here, I am sure your transition will go as smoothly as possible.

I intend to be a 2 year transitioner but I marked my 12 month mark with a mini BC, I cut from APL to a little above SL. So now my back hairs are almost completely natural.
I LOVE IT. My hair is so much easier to detangle and style.

I did a mini bc too (in the back) so my back hairs are natural as well.
I will mark one year on 12/19.
Congrats OP

This will be my second attempt. First attempt was in 2000 (ten years wow) and I b/c at 2 inches. Then I let mom talk me into relaxing again almost immediately afterwards. Im not gonna bc this time. Transition it is.

Same with me. We are on da same boat. Well, I wish u look as well.

best of luck to you! you will have all the support you need here :)

I love my natural hair wouldnt trade it for the world!

Back