How long is too long........

honeycomb719

to shed hair? I've been shedding like crazy for over a month now. Do stress cause excessive shedding? Anything I can try to stop this? When should I get worried? I'm lose about 3 clumps a day.

HELP!!!!
frown.gif

Honeycomb,

What's goin' on girl? I saw you post something similar not too long ago. Are you on a diet? What's your hair regimen? Have you tried a protein conditioner followed by a moisturizing one? Does the hair come out when you comb your hair? What? Does your hair feel dry?

I know when my hair was shedding real bad I started using ORS Carrot Oil and I didn't have any shedding by the time I put in my mircos. Yes stress can cause breakage and shedding. I'm in Germany and that's one thing they do sale at the PX maybe you can try it.

Good Luck,

[ QUOTE ]
Honeycomb,

What's goin' on girl? I saw you post something similar not too long ago. Are you on a diet? What's your hair regimen? Have you tried a protein conditioner followed by a moisturizing one? Does the hair come out when you comb your hair? What? Does your hair feel dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did post about this shedding a few weeks ago, and I was trying to let some time past before I got nerves, but nothing has changed much w/ the shedding. I wash weekly alternating between a protein, poo or moisturizing poo, ever 3rd week I do a CO wash. After every wash I condition for 45min to an hour w/ alternating protein or moisturizing conditioner. I'm not on any diet, but I'm sure I could be eating alot better than I have lately. Yes, my hair comes out when I comb it, touch it, take my ponytail holder out anything. My hair feels very dry at times. But, during the washing it feels very soft and smooth, but when I blow dry(w/cool air) it feels dry and brittle, no matter what. I'm about to put some braids in because I'm tried of looking at my hair, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea, considering all the shedding. What do you ladies think?

I know you are probably tired of hearing this...but if you are desperate you will try...check out the water...and lose the hairdryer until you get the shedding under control. Also I wouldn't do any protein for a while. Try doing rinses or conditioner washes twice a week with distilled water and then just wear you hair in a protective style...in other words...don't be so quick to 'dry' all the moisture out of your hair.

Thanx Sweetcocoa

I bought a water purifier(sp)? for my shower and I thought that was good enough. Is it? I've become addict to the dryer, but I will stop, I just hate the way my hair feels after it airdrys, and when I was doing that I was shedding too, that way I went back to the dryer. So, maybe it time to switch back again, huh?
My hair stays in a ponytail to the back, so I got that part covered. i just had some braids did today, so I guess that's a protective style. I know too much protein will reap some serious shedding so, I try to skip one at least once or twice a month.
CO washes help w/ shedding, huh? i didn't know that, thanx for the heads up.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about your hair honeycomb. Sweetcocoa gave you some good advice. Definately ease up on the hairdryer. That should help some.
smile.gif

Please don't get frightened, but the section of my hair that broke off last year matches what you have described. I really hope I'm wrong... Does your hair look shorter? If it looks shorter, it's probably the weak part breaking off. I thought the stylist cut my hair too short, but what probably happened is that it was breaking while she was doing my hair. She never said a word.
mad.gif

ApHogee (the stinky one) helped save the rest of my hair, but by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late to save the broken section.
frown.gif

Can you moisturize your hair real good, pull your hair back loosley and attach a phonytail with a claw clip? Braids would invlove too much pulling, IMO.

Thanx Sassy,

but it too late I had them done yesterday, I could'nt stand looking at it any more. The shedding started after the last AphoGEE Tx I did. So, I thought that had something to do with the shedding, so I didn't do one when I relaxed a few weeks ago. I just came out of the phonytail, and I figure I was handling my hair too much, by trying to keep it up neat.
It look shorter in some spots, but I did lose it and cut some of my hair after I relaxed, which I mentioned in the " So Disgusted" post I made.

Back