How do you shed?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
While on my hair care journey, I've gotten my breakage down to an impressive amount- you know you always have atleast few though (atleast I do). My question is about shedding. Do you normally shed a lot? When you comb through your hair, can you count the shedded hairs on one hand?? I've heard people actually say that when they comb through their hair, they only have 3 hairs FROM THEIR ENTIRE HEAD! I don't get it. Is that possible?? I can run my hands through my hair and have like 4 or 5 with bulbs on end(I've tried to count them LOL) between my fingers. Because I'm so late in the season to start my journey, I'm not sure if this is normal shedding or if it's due to the seasonal change. BTW, hairs don't come out like that every time that I run my fingers though... just sometimes. I figured I'd add that so you all don't think my hair is falling out or something. Thanks for all input in advance! =)

Last edited:
Sometimes I don't have any other times I have a few more than 3 or 4 but less than 15. Then there are other times (around November, so now) That i have TONS for a few weeks then back to just a few. It drives me crazy.... what about everyone else?

BUMP

I shed like a DOG. I've tried just aout every single remedy mentioned here to no avail:nono: I shed all over my head...wet or dry. Every single time I comb it.

I've stop worrying about it because I am not balding and my hair is thriving:up:

I usually shed when I haven't had a relaxer in two or more months. ofcourse this is probably due to the two different hair textures and more dryness. This is why during these times I do alot more moisture treatments, but still some protein too.

Back