How do you know

gn1g

Which products is working and which product is not working? Seems like many of the people on this board switch products very often. Not only that, SOME OF ya'lls regiments include a LARGE varity of products.

Last questions, how long does it take you to figure out what your hair likes?

Once you use something makes your hair feel good, you can do a comparison of each prodcut to that...Some will make it feel better, and some will no make it feel as good....but that product that you KNOW makes your hair feel good is the "bar", so to speak, to which all of my other products are compared. That's how I do know...

When a product outperforms everything you use and know work already, then that one becomes the point of comparison.

It also depends on how you like your hair to feel. My most important charateristics of good feeling hair are:

Suppleness
Shine
Smoothness

I also often judge products by their ability to detangle, because on my hair it's really important.
smile.gif

Okay this is how I know products worked for me.
If I wash my hair with shampoo, if it dont feel clean I dont like it, If it totally dries it out I dont like it.

If I use a conditioner and it doesnt leave my hair soft and easy to distangle I dont like it.

It basically depends on how you think it feels on ur hair, and if u notice less strands coming out, and ur hair dries well.

Thats just what I think

i use lots of products but i try each one out individually to see how that product works. i only try it once or twice to get an idea of how i like it. it depends on the purpose of the product. shampoos are supposed to clean without stripping. conditioners need to soften and/or strengthen. leave-ins should soften and/or detangle. i also pay attention to scent, whether it's all natural or not, whether it's black made/sold or not, and price.

hope that helps

In a shampoo I look for softness, moisture and easy detangling.
In a conditioner I look for slip and easy detangling.
In a leave-in I look for strength in the hair and detangling.
In a moisturzier I look for smell, how long the moisture last and softness.
In Gel I look for no flakes, no hardness and I look for shine.
In a oil I look for ability to desolve within the hair shaft, shine and softness
That's all I can think of right now.

Once I find a product that works, meaning my hair is growing well with it and looking healthy with no shedding, then I stick with it. I don't switch around much. I may try something new from time to time.

Here is what I do:

As for shampoos I need two, I need a moisturizing and detangling one and I also need a clarifying one.

When it comes to conditioners they HAVE to be VERY detangling, otherwise I would say that they don't work for me. Also the smell is important to me.

I think you should just try different products and see what you like. The reason why many of us use so many different products is because there are a lot of products we like. I might have five conditioners in my bathroom and I like them all the same so I just switch from time to time.

I think that conditioner and products you use in damp hair are the most important ones, for example leave ins (creamy or watery) and serums and oils.

I usually know pretty quick if I like a product or not. And I decide that on how my hair feels. My hair has to feel soft, silky and moisturized from the products I use. That's what I'm looking for. If my hair don't feel like that then the products are not working for me.

I buy and use lots of different hair products I am a true
Product Junkie.
laugh.gif

I now know what products work for me my hair loves moisturing shampoo's and conditioners with good slip.
I only buy hair products when they are on sale and when my
hair buddies sends me a product and it works well on my hair
hair.

Back