How can i wrap my hair without having one side acting up?

Lilmama1011

I don't get how I have been wrapping my hair for years, since the 8th grade and still can't get it perfectly smh!!! Now when the salon did it, it came out perfectly and smooth the next day, but the following day I would end up with my hair on the left side of my part bent and sticking up. I have tried three different ways of wrapping. #1 started wrapping just behind my ear like how the salon does #2 started wrapping from the part down the front middle of my hair #3 which I just recently did was cover front part by brushing the front hair forward and make a part down the middle in the back and wrap. I have watched tons of YouTube videos and did it exactly and I still tend to have that same side sticking up!!!! Any advice. I don't want to do cross wrapping either, it straightens the hair pin straight and gets rid of the curl at the end

Alternate the direction that you wrap in for about 5-10 minutes after you unwrap in the morning.
And dont wrap in the same direction every night.

Or sleep on satin/silk bedding and just pull your hair back on each side with clips or something.

Alternate the direction that you wrap in for about 5-10 minutes after you unwrap in the morning.
And dont wrap in the same direction every night.

Or sleep on satin/silk bedding and just pull your hair back on each side with clips or something.

the clip thing is definitely a good idea thanks

Try this....(and I am trying to explain this the best I can)

Put your finger in the middle of your head. Comb your hair away from this point in all directions (like Cousin It). Your hair will be all over in a perfect circle (in your face, on the sides, in the back). Starting from the back behind your right ear start combing your hair to the left and go around. The hair might try to move in the middle but just keep combing and laying it down. This is a method I learned from a girl who had tailbone hair and it has worked for me perfect since I was APL.

Let me know if you have no idea what I am talking about and maybe I can take pictures.

I tried cross wrapping and it kicked rocks for my hair. The next day my hair looked awful. Full of waves and crinkles...... I don't know what I did wrong because when I'm weaved up it works fine but own my own hair not so much.

Last night instead, I put my hair in one big pin curl and it came out great.

I will try to explain but I don't really think it's gonna be a good explanation. I'm not good at this....

I smooth my hair down like it's going to go in a ponytail and take the ends and make a big swirl in the back like a pin curl. a big wide circle that makes a loop in the back of my head. Not a little circle like most pin curls are.
Then I hold the hair down with my hand and tie the scarf on with the other hand. No pins.

It worked well. My hair has body but is smooth without all the waviness. Best of all I don't have to touch it up with the flat iron today.

^^ I think I understand what you mean. I sometimes wear my hair in a snug bonnet when I go to sleep and I'm able to twist the ends around (to tuck them inside) and it will stay in that same position giving me the same effect you're talking about. It works great.

I tried cross wrapping and it kicked rocks for my hair. The next day my hair looked awful. Full of waves and crinkles...... I don't know what I did wrong because when I'm weaved up it works fine but own my own hair not so much. Last night instead, I put my hair in one big pin curl and it came out great. I will try to explain but I don't really think it's gonna be a good explanation. I'm not good at this.... I smooth my hair down like it's going to go in a ponytail and take the ends and make a big swirl in the back like a pin curl. a big wide circle that makes a loop in the back of my head. Not a little circle like most pin curls are. Then I hold the hair down with my hand and tie the scarf on with the other hand. No pins. It worked well. My hair has body but is smooth without all the waviness. Best of all I don't have to touch it up with the flat iron today.

Yeah you made sense

Back