Henna Question

rai

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever gotton their hair hennaed (?) from a Indian salon. I have a friend that is going in to henna her hair tomorrow at an Indian salon. They are charging her $50 (she found another store that would do it for $25, but they never did black hair and she didn't want to be a test project). Anyways, if you did get your hair hennaed at a salon, how was your experience? Do they comb the henna through your hair?

Nope, been doing mine at home and have been very happy with the results. I can't imagine what they'd do differently at the salon than you would at home, save maybe sit you under a mildly warm dryer to try to increase the coloring results without the time commitment of doing it yourself at home. :confused:

Since it's nonchemical, it's really hard to go wrong with it.
]
ETA: Comb it through!! :eek: I can't imagine doing so because of the texture of the henna, unless it is mixed with to an EXTREMELY thin consistency. The only time I can comb it through is when I do a glossing but never with a straight henna treatment.

On my mom's hair, she now likes the color she has on her length so we use the perm applicator brush (same as applying a relaxer, just REALLY small sections to insure complete coverage) to apply to her roots to color those without further deepening the color of the rest of the hair but even that we don't comb. Every third for fourth treatment she'll cover all of her hair.

Last edited:
She needs to make sure they are using good body art quality henna. This concern alone would stop me from getting it done at a salon. But then, I tend to be suspicious when it comes to stylists and salons.

Thanks for all the replies. So my friend went last weekend to the store. They applied the henna with a little brush (just like when doing a perm). They used a henna called lushusious (or lustrious) or something to that effect. The label said 100% pure henna. I took pictures of my friend getting the henna applied and the henna package. I will ask her for the pictures and try to post it.

All in all my friend said that her hair feels really soft. However, she said that the next day it felt dry. Last night she told me that she washed her hair and the water had an orange tinge. She didn't think that they washed out all the henna and maybe that is why her hair was dry. Anyways, she said that now it feels much better. The lady that did her hair was really nice.

Oh yeah, she got a Maghoney color henna, but I don't see any color in her hair. We have to look at her hair in BRIGHT light to see a tinge of reddish brown. Maybe after a couple of more applications it will take.

Cichelle said:
She needs to make sure they are using good body art quality henna. This concern alone would stop me from getting it done at a salon. But then, I tend to be suspicious when it comes to stylists and salons.

That's what I'm thinking too :sad:

Back