Help With Indian & Ayurvedic Products!?!?

tt8

Hey Girls
I have looked on all the boards and some of us like myself need some help with buying Indian and Ayurvedic products...So here are a couple of questions to get us on our way and put all this good info from members like Sareca and CandyC in one place!

1.What are the best brands IYO for
Henna

Indigo

Amla powder

Amla oil

Shikakai oil

Shikakai powder

2.Which websites do you suggest for quality and customer service?

3. What's your best recipe with these ingredients (rinses, coloring, pre-poo, spray, etc.) *don't forget to list the brand if ingredient isn't mentioned above...Thanks*

Hey Girls
I have looked on all the boards and some of us like myself need some help with buying Indian and Ayurvedic products...So here are a couple of questions to get us on our way and put all this good info from members like Sareca and CandyC in one place!

1.What are the best brands IYO for
Henna- Karishma, Afshan, Dulhan, Hesh, Mumtaz, or Jamilla ( I've used all of these except Jamilla- but Sareca swears by it!):yep:

Indigo- Natural powder or Zarqa Brand
Amla powder- Hesh or Ultam

Amla oil- Dabur or Ancient

Shikakai oil - Ancient
Shikakai powder Hesh or Ultam

2.Which websites do you suggest for quality and customer service?

3. What's your best recipe with these ingredients (rinses, coloring, pre-poo, spray, etc.) *don't forget to list the brand if ingredient isn't mentioned above...Thanks*

Rinse/Herbal poo - 2qts. water, 1/2 box of amla powder, 1/2 box of shikakai powder, and 1/2 box of reetha(Hesh/Ultam aritha) powder. Boil for 1-2 hours on med. heat. Cool and pour in container. (I DON"T STRAIN-Just rinse super good):yep:

Last edited:
BUMPEDY BUMP BUMP BUMPING....HELLO!!
I JUST GOT MY OILS AND POWDERS YEA!
NOW TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH THEM?!

First, do a Google search for Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi markets in the Los Angeles area. You can save yourself shipping, handling and get these products VERY cheaply by actually going to the market.

I get my powders for $1.99 or $2.99 depending on which market I go to.

You can get HUGE bottles of shikakai/alma/vatika oils for very cheap, as little as $3.99 each, depending on where you go.

Let us know... ;)

Back