HELP! My Mom lost her HAIR!!

chickory_bee

Yesterday, my mom was putting a relaxer in her hair and my dad called...

An HOUR AND A HALF LATER:nono:, she realized that she still had the relaxer in her hair:wallbash:

She immediately went to wash it out, and her hair came out with it too, so she had to cut off the parts that were left:crying3:.

She decided that she's going to go natural, but she needs her hair back...
If you have any good tips, please post them.

since she is already planning to go natural..she could just go ahead and BC and then do a good moisturizing conditioner on her natural hair and apply some oils to seal. She could just do wash n go's with a TWA or conditioner washes from here on out. Alot of natural heads and some relaxed ones on here also get success from using boundless tresses for topical growth.
hth!

What! How could her scalp not burn after an hour? Wow! I'm speechless. She should just shave her head and start from stratch. Hopefully her scalp is not damaged.

Please give more details as in...

About how much of her hair is left. 40%, 90%, etc.

Is her scalp damaged at all?

Was the relaxer lye or no lye? Do you know the brand?

I don't have much advice to give but the folks here at LHCF are wonderful. I'm sure everything will turn out well for your mom.

What! How could her scalp not burn after an hour? Wow! I'm speechless. She should just shave her head and start from stratch. Hopefully her scalp is not damaged.
I was thinking exactly the above. It sounds like unfortunately she may have to wear a wig for a little while. She may also want to start doing regular scalp massages.

Thanks for the replies...She was using a Soft and Beautiful kit. It doesn't usually burn her but I need to ask. I know she has some burnt patches but mainly around the front (which I guess is quite important...)
She cut it all off, so it looks like a patchy fade.

Well i coloured and relaxed within 10 mins and this happened to me:look:. I just rocked a wig and left it alone putting a sulphur pomade on my scalp it grew back thicker than ever...

The same thing happened to me years ago with an African Pride perm. The thing was, I usually rinse after 15 minutes and I always feel tingling. I never felt tingling or burning with this one. I washed my hair in the shower and my hair went down the drain. Devastated is not a strong enough word of what I felt, I had finally reached APL after growing out a short cut. I was left looking like Mr. T when all was said and done (no lie!) So I applied carrot oil grease, beeswax and Doogro on all my bald hairline and nape and strategicly (sp?) parted my hair in the middle and made a very scrawny ponytail. I massaged my scalp religiously and after 3 days, I saw the beginnings of a shadow on my damaged edges. I kept on and after 2 weeks, I had about 1 " of thick newgrowth. Tell your mother to baby, baby, baby the edges and keep it covered. For some reason, I think covering it protects the baby hairs growing in and produces more growth.

Please be sure that those burns are not serious.

I would recommend if she can handle it cutting it down really short or all off and get her scalp back in order.

If her scalp is in trouble, growing hair is not the priority right now. She needs a healthy scalp in order to do that.

What ever products you purchase make sure that they are mainly or mostly natural, you don't want to add more chemicals on top of the burned scalp issue.

Qhemets Biologics has a whole healthy natural line and many woman have had great results with it.

Boundless Tresses and I believe Lenzi's requests are both natural also, Jamaican Black Castor oil, Olive oil, etc.

If she cuts her hair to her scalp she should use a very very mild, shampoo or a shampoo bar from like from Oyin or Qhemets to wash her scalp.

The winter months are coming up so a nice wig will help with her scalp. be sure she uses a wig cap even if she has no hair to keep the wig from rubbing her scalp.

When she is at home have her do oil treatments with a conditioning bag over her head in order to get the scalp back in shape. When she is at home and won't be going out create a natural mixture for her to use on her scalp like a gel or a spritz you can also use this for her scalp massages.

Something like aloe vera gel, jajoba oil, cheapie conditioner almost like a head lotion to use daily.

Take before and after pictures just in case she gets discouraged so she will be able to see the progress.

My niece had scalp damaged and we had to do something similar to her hair and we cut it down really short in order to get her scalp back in shape. She now has hair down past her armpit.

Yesterday, my mom was putting a relaxer in her hair and my dad called...

An HOUR AND A HALF LATER:nono:, she realized that she still had the relaxer in her hair:wallbash:

She immediately went to wash it out, and her hair came out with it too, so she had to cut off the parts that were left:crying3:.

She decided that she's going to go natural, but she needs her hair back...
If you have any good tips, please post them.

I am really sorry! I definitely sympathize with her. Once after a relaxer I had a quarter sized bald spot. It had not grown but only about 1/9 of an inch, after 5 mos until I made a concotion. I put my concoction on the bald spot everyday. I then put all of my hair in a plastic cap, and sat under my dryer everyday for fifteen minutes. Lastly, I put one of those microdermabrasia vibrating things over it for five minutes. After two weeks, all of my hair had grown in. Would you like to know my ingredients?

After two weeks, all of my hair had grown in. Would you like to know my ingredients?

YES!! I would love to.

OOOOH I want to konow them too.:yep:

1. 2 containers of regular or Palmers shea butter(I know it's cheap, but I don't have money)
2. 1 table spoon of doo groo oil
3. 1/6 cup of tea tree oil
4. 1/6 cup of jojoba oil
5. two teaspoons Vitamin E oil
6. Glover's mane oil
7. 4 table spoons of Sulfur powder
8. 3 tablespons of rosemary Oil
9. 5 tablespoons of Pure Basil seasoning
10. ten drops of peppermint oil

You can use the real shea butter, but I did not have any access to it at the time. I hope your mom's hair grows back. The only downside is you have to refridgerate it.

Last edited:
Back