help me with my hairtype please!

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
http://public.fotki.com/Weaveitup/pics_of_my_hair_in/wet_hair_2.html

i beleive its 3b/c (all of it is corkscrews). i read on the hair types page that 3c is tight corkscrews and i really think all of my hair is 3c..but 2 different kinds of 3c. i dont know if thats possible though so i call it 3b/c since the same hair type page said 3b can be tight corkscrews as well. anybody have a opinion on my hair type? you can see in the pic how my hair on the bottom is different from the hair on the top (thats the hair i later texturized)

*yeah, i know i just copied this from another thread..but hey! at least this way i have more chance of being answered!
lachen70.gif

It looks like 3b to me, but in the other hand I am really confused about this hair type system!

hiza...

Weaveit up.........is your hair texturized? If so how can you judge the hairtype thing based on the length? Shouldn't it be based on the newgrowth?

I have hair similiar to yours and I consider myself a 4a.

I categorized myself based on the first chart I saw that categorized hair. I've seen others since then that would suggest I'm a 3C but I stick with 4a personally because in the end I don't really see that it matters.

I see the difference between type 1 and 2, type 2 and 3 and type 3 and 4 and even 4a and 4b but the line starts getting blurry for me between 3b and 3c and 3c and 4a.

But I dont' see enough difference between 3C and 4a to make a stink about it... I just call myself a 4a when asked.

ccd,
in the picture i provided i was 100% natural. the only thing on my hair was a bit of conditioner b/c i had already put it on when i remembered to take the pic. i texturized the back/bottom a few months after that pic was taken so it would match the top.

crystal,
so do you think my hair is all one type? i know for sure i have 2 diff types of curl patterns...

Girl, I don't know. It's hard to call it.

I know I have two curl types going on and I just call myself one type.. actually I think there was only one occasion where I really had to label myself when I told someone about a relaxer that worked well for me and she wanted to know my type to see if it compared to hers and if the relaxer could work for her...

I know that you give a lot of advice so If someone is trying to mimic something that you've recommended I think you're safe giving them a type that's a mix or refer them to your pics... other than that, it's hard to tell a hair type IMO when you start talking about 3b's, 3c's and 4a's because it's all relative.

[ QUOTE ]
weaveitup said:
thanks!
so you guys would classify it all as 4a dispite the 2 obvious texture differences?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

ok! i would change it in my sig but everytime i update my profile ig et locked out of the forum for like 3 days..does that happen to anyone else?

Since that is your wet hair with conditioner I would say 4a. If your hair looks like that while completely dry then I would probably say 3c or 3b/c.

I would call it a 3 category. I can't tell what your curls look like, I can't tell which. I doubt it's a b though. #b has pretty fat curls, the diameter or each curl is usually about an inch...

I consider myself a 3C. When natural my hair looks a lot like that pic. 3C curls are usually about the same size of a pencil in circumference.

It looks like your crown hair might be 3c, but the hair underneath looks like type 4 hair.

A few good examples of 3b hair are: Hairlove, potterville, and IrrestistableB.

Good examples of 3c hair are: Tracy, Jetcitygirl, cardinalfire.

A good example of 3c/4a hair is: Jetcitygirl (she also has an area of 4b), myself, and Carefree.

I have a lot of 3C/4A in my hair. There are large areas of my hair that do not need any products to achieve a curl. When it dries, it's still curly, then I have a 4a section that curls up with some help. That's at the crown of my hair right at the top in a square area. Then I have an itty bitty 3b section in the nape of my hair the area size of a half moon it's silky curls up into chunky fat curls.

edited to add: my texturized hair is a uniform 3b. But before my texturizer I was a nice mix of about 3 hairtypes.

[ QUOTE ]
hiza said:
It looks like 3b to me, but in the other hand I am really confused about this hair type system!

hiza...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sorry I meant 3c.

hiza...

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
Since that is your wet hair with conditioner I would say 4a. If your hair looks like that while completely dry then I would probably say 3c or 3b/c.

[/ QUOTE ]
it does

ok, so im a 3c/4a. got it! thanks for all your help ladies!

Back