HELP ME STOP BREAKAGE/SHEDDING

Niapb

My hair breaks like crazyyy it's the one thing keeping me from retaining length! How do I stop breakage? I tried Nexxus Emergencee followed up with a deep conditioner and afterwards it felt like my hair was breaking more than it was before I put it in! HELP! Maybe I need a better protein treatment? Today it was breaking as if it was gummy and over moisturized, and that was AFTER I put the treatment in. Before I put the treatment in it was brittle and breaking.
Help me out here! I really don't know what to do. :sad:

Have you tried the Aphogee products? They are really good to stop breakage. Also, go to youtube and watch some of the people there that tell you what they do to stop their hair breakage. Aeteyaa is a good one.

what is your reggie? what products do you use daily and weekly? what are your styling practices? how do you wear your hair at night?

My hair is 3c 4a and I think some 4b in the back. Neck length. I try to cowash twice a week with the "Nothing But" Cleansing conditioner. I deep condition with ORS Replenshing conditioner but I just bought Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I usually use some kind of of leave in conditioner on my natural hair and just put it in flat twists to sleep. The leave in I've been using is Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I refresh in the morning with Nothing But Curl Wake Up Spray. I just recently recieved Wild Growth Oil and it says not to use that with other products so for the last week I've just been oiling my damp hair instead of using the leave in.

I just wear my natural hair in my flat twist out every day, today I straightened because I just dyed it black and I wanted to see how the color looked but I never use heat. Even as I was straightening there was breakage everywhere. In addition to better products I'm pretty certain I need a trim.

If the products aren't performing and once you switch up your Reggie you may want to check out your water. I moved out of the country in Jan and the water here in Europe is way too hard/harsh on my hair that nothing was working, MAJOR breakage in my crown, excessive shedding, breakage and splits. None of the products I brought with me helped. It wasn't until a month ago when I started using bottled water when I noticed a complete difference in my hair. Try buying a shower filter coupled with the suggestions if the ladies to see if it helps.

Are you sure its not the dye? I think the protein rules for relaxing apply to dying as well....hard protein a week before, medium protein during, hard protein a week after. I'd also reccomend Aphogee poducts.

I agree Aphogee products are great at helping with breakage and getting your hair back healthy but if you need a trim that must come first or nothing will help.

Make sure you follow that protein conditioner with moisture conditioner for elasticity to go with the strength (do search on moisture-protein balance). Also, I agree with doing your final rinse with distilled water if you live in a hard water area.

How long has it been sense you Clarified shampoo your hair? then follow up with protein deep conditioning. get your hair trimmed.

If you go with Aphogee their Keratin 2 min reconstructor also helps remove calcium, minerals and other hard water deposits

My hair is 3c 4a and I think some 4b in the back. Neck length. I try to cowash twice a week with the "Nothing But" Cleansing conditioner. I deep condition with ORS Replenshing conditioner but I just bought Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I usually use some kind of of leave in conditioner on my natural hair and just put it in flat twists to sleep. The leave in I've been using is Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I refresh in the morning with Nothing But Curl Wake Up Spray. I just recently recieved Wild Growth Oil and it says not to use that with other products so for the last week I've just been oiling my damp hair instead of using the leave in.

I just wear my natural hair in my flat twist out every day, today I straightened because I just dyed it black and I wanted to see how the color looked but I never use heat. Even as I was straightening there was breakage everywhere. In addition to better products I'm pretty certain I need a trim.

Do you think this may be causing it? PS with the ends tucked in really helps in retainin length. Maybe do a trim, M & S and protective style with no ends out for three months. See if this makes a difference.

Also I don't usually shampoo but I bought Herbal Essences Moisturizing Shampoo for clarifying since it has sulfates, is that an okay shampoo to use for that purpose or do I need one specified for clarifying?

Also I don't usually shampoo but I bought Herbal Essences Moisturizing Shampoo for clarifying since it has sulfates, is that an okay shampoo to use for that purpose or do I need one specified for clarifying?

I would use a shampoo specifically for clarifying. I use ION shampoo for hard water. My water is not that hard but I use it because I know it will get everything out of my hair. If you hair isn't squeaky clean after you rinse, your hair is not clarified in my opinion. How is your hair doing now? What did you do to stop the breakage.. we all want to know chile...:yep:

Hi all! So, after much thought, I decided to lock my hair. So obviously it is doing much better with breakage, but of course I've had to start treating it differently than when my hair was loose. Thank you all so much for your help before! But it was definitely time for this move.

Back