Help me please

Shinka

Okay, so I been natural since June 2003, and I did a 2nd big chop on Oct 24, 03 because I didn't take very good care of my ahir over the summer ( well I experiemented).

Over the past month I have gain about 1/4 inch of hair ( my coils are coming back... ).

However the front edges and the back areas are thin again. The front of my hair has always since I can remember been the thinnest parts of my hair and very sensitve. I've been trying to do nothing to my scalp since my second chop. I relfected on times when my hair grew alot esp. in those weak areas. Those time were when I followed Cathy howse regimen and washed my hair everyday and/or every 3 days. Add a creme mositurizer only to hair and let it air dry. I deep conditioned once a week. Massaged my scalp nightly.

So since late October my regimen. Conditioned wash or rinse daily. One a week shampoo with CON or Dr. Bonners ( dries my scalp). Then I added infusium 23 or spray with Howse's Dew and air dried. Every night I slept with my silk scarf which came of during the night and my head was on my cotton sheets
frown.gif

Recently-my thin weak areas ( front and nape)-have become sore and I've noticed little pimples/sores in those areas. I thought maybe it was due to the infusium because my hair started to become hard from it and it started getting on my scalp ( it tingled in those thin areas).

Now I don't know what to do to help with the irriation and stimulate growth in those areas. Please help

I Plan: Massage Rosemary E0 with Vitamin E and jojoba oil on damp areas nightly. Everyday rinse or CO wash, then add Hollywood olive oil creme or Dew. I know my scalp will be exposed to the cold- although my hair grows better without anything on it, should I put some light oil ( pure jojoba) on it during the winter months?

Any other suggestions....

Massaging sounds like a good idea.Why not try Surge too.What do you have to lose?It's cheap!

I don't want to try surge because I want to stick to more natural products and stay away from products with alot of chemicals and protein. My scalp is already sore and my skin in general and sensitive-So I don't want to aggravate anything.

thanks though for the suggestion.

Oh ok...that is true if you get easily irritated.
I really like jojoba oil a lot.It sounds like a good idea to put it on your scalp if you start experiencing problems with the cold drying it out.
I think I might actually try that too.

Back