help me get my edges back

coolsista-paris

Hi to all.

The last time i had braids in was : ( like 3 months ago).

When i took them down i had lost hair in the front, on the edges. Ive been trying to make it grow back fast but i feel like its not growing back.

Do you have any secrets and methods to get this back. I want to pretoctive style with braids or try a weave for the 3rd time but im thinking its a bad idea.

Its cold here and i really want to protect my hair with a ps.

give me ideas, help please

Didn't want to read and leave w/o any suggestions. I have seen women on here testify that castor oil will grow out the edges. Maybe you can try that.

Yes, why not. im so sad about this. i really want to protective style with extensions (cause with my hair it doesnt last long)..

Hi to all.

When i took them down i had lost hair in the front, on the edges. Ive been trying to make it grow back fast but i feel like its not growing back.

Do you have any secrets and methods to get this back. I want to pretoctive style with braids or try a weave for the 3rd time but im thinking its a bad idea.

I have used garlic and onion and castor oil.
you can check my progress here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-m64S6bNhs
and i also talk about what i did in this vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-m64S6bNhs

mine was due to post partum, it was really bad!

Gaby

If it were me I would stay away from extensions for awhile. It may be too much stress on your hairline. When you say extensions i assume you're talking about braiding. You cannot let people braid your hair how they want. Tell them b4 they start and if it still feels tight tell them take it out do it over. I have had short hairs that I want to grow in these areas. I've used wild growth oil and Claudie's Hair Elixir at different times and both worked really well.

In No Particular Order:

JBCO
Extra Dark JBCO & JBCO w/Pimento
Mega-Tek
Claudie Exlir, Temple Balm Revitalizer, Iman Butter
BeeMine Serum
Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion, Oil, Follicle Booster
Tiiva Naturals Growth Oil
Hairitage Hydrations "Sprout"
Christine Gant Mixed Greens, CG Healthy Hair Butter, CG Neem Oil
Njoi Creations Nourishing Roots Pomade, Healthy Hair Butta' w/MSM

Hi to all.

Yeah, very bad idea! If this area needs tender love and care, putting more stress on it will only make matters worse. Help me understand why you feel you have to wear weave as a protective style?

I also would stay away from placing any tension on that front area. I was able to fill in super thin areas at my crown using sulfur during 2011 good luck!

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

Cosign on the no-tension and castor oil recommendations.

I have thin temple areas, both from gentics and from years of weave and braid abuse. Over the last 5-6 weeks, I revisited moisturizing then applying castor oil nightly to my temple areas, and today I finally noticed a significant difference. They are once again filling in nicely, to the point that I wasn't self-conscious about wearing my hair off my face.

Good luck to you :)

Thank you sooooo much to all of you.

carcajada :The reason why i wanted to wear weave as protective style is cause at work (4 star hotel) they want real goo presentation and normally NO BRAIDS! (ok i did it anyway) but twists with my hair as protective style at work isnt sooo nice, and i feel like they end up giving me knots even though i moisturise well, and wey my hair before undoing them.

g.lo : i gave birth 5 months ago, so maybe thisis also playing on me.

I have been stressed cause of work, all of a sudden, high blood pressure... this is crazy. next year i am definetly changing my job.

:thankyou: thanks to alllll of you: ive just put castor oil in my hair. But i do not know at all what type of ps im gonna do for this coooooold winter here.

Thank you sooooo much to all of you.

carcajada :The reason why i wanted to wear weave as protective style is cause at work (4 star hotel) they want real goo presentation and normally NO BRAIDS! (ok i did it anyway) but twists with my hair as protective style at work isnt sooo nice, and i feel like they end up giving me knots even though i moisturise well, and wey my hair before undoing them.

g.lo : i gave birth 5 months ago, so maybe thisis also playing on me.

I have been stressed cause of work, all of a sudden, high blood pressure... this is crazy. next year i am definetly changing my job.

:thankyou: thanks to alllll of you: ive just put castor oil in my hair. But i do not know at all what type of ps im gonna do for this coooooold winter here.

we both have 5 month olds! :grin:

anyhoo, I lose my edges every time I get stressed and highly emotional for lOng periods of time. I have had good results with castor oil, but better when I do kalpi tone Indian powder treatments and then apply the castor oil afterwards. What the powder does for me is coat the strands of hair that are fine and delicate and give them a chance to grow under less than perfect conditions. Kind of like overlays on top of nails. It's pretty cheap and I ordered it on eBay.

@coolsista-paris

Try finding a nice wig for work. You can wear your hair twisted underneath and also wear the twist on the weekends to give the wig a rest. This way you can apply your castro oil daily to your edges (also can try adding sulphur and/or emu oil to the mix) and give your edges a rest.

Firstly I'm sorry to hear! I know how difficult it is to battle with hair thinning or loss.

Apply castor oil to scalp and massage gently for 10-15 min at least twice a week. I suggest doing this when scalp is relatively clean otherwise it'll clog up and make matters worse. Wash hair at least once a week esp if you use a lot of products and try and minimize the use of heat until recovering. It will be a slow process but be patient and try not to worry about it too much. I wish you the best!

When it comes to my edges the best thing I can do is leave them alone. I also do not put naything drying on my edges (gel). I just use moisturizer (oils) to slick down my edges. Right now I am working on getting my ends to where they need to be, and I am applying hte same concept and it has been working great so far. Good luck!

Also, why don't you try a phony bun, phony pony for a while?

thanks soo much for your replies.this is getting back to the good direction. :)

carcajada : i didnt know this powder.i might try it out( like lots of stuff ive been wanting to try our, gotta wake up!!) lol

HarySituation: ive been thinking of sulphur for months.. where can i purchase this on internet? concerning my job....economic crisis like hell in europe sooo its not really the moment (ive just moved to a new appartment and need to buy LOTS of stuff) so im saying let me try my best to hold on like, till august or september 2012 then get the hell out of that crazy place where employees are just mistreated. working with so much stress.

Cosign on the no-tension and castor oil recommendations.

I have thin temple areas, both from gentics and from years of weave and braid abuse. Over the last 5-6 weeks, I revisited moisturizing then applying castor oil nightly to my temple areas, and today I finally noticed a significant difference. They are once again filling in nicely, to the point that I wasn't self-conscious about wearing my hair off my face.

Good luck to you :)

How often do you apply the castor oil?

anyhoo, I lose my edges every time I get stressed and highly emotional for lOng periods of time. I have had good results with castor oil, but better when I do kalpi tone Indian powder treatments and then apply the castor oil afterwards. What the powder does for me is coat the strands of hair that are fine and delicate and give them a chance to grow under less than perfect conditions. Kind of like overlays on top of nails. It's pretty cheap and I ordered it on eBay.

How are you using the kalpi tone? Just mix in a paste, let it sit, then rinse and apply castor oil?

carcajada

I have several boxes of Kalpi Tone but I have not tried it yet. You are making me want to use them now. How have you been applying it?

carcajada

I have several boxes of Kalpi Tone but I have not tried it yet. You are making me want to use them now. How have you been applying it?

I stopped. It was too much of a mess/hassle. I would apply it and put a plastic cap on for 30 mn or so then rinse it out (a lot).

I applied a mix of castor oil and wheat germ oil to my edges daily (M & S with water or leave in) with a small flat natural paint brush. A sable brush used for fine art painting. It really smoothed my edges down and applied a lot. I didn't see any dramatic growth but they filled in enough to make the situation in that area less stark. I was consistent with it for like, 3-5 months.

Back