HELP... Itchy scalp...

SmartyPants

My scalp has been itching like crazy. For the past two days I haven't been able to take it and I have managed to scratch sores into my scalp (I know NOT GOOD). It's a good thing I don't get another relaxer for four weeks because I'd be up a creek. Any ideas on how to stop the itching.:nono:

All I can say is to apply some light oil (like jojoba or coconut) and massage with the fingertips like hell until wash day.

On wash day you may want to do a first wash with a clarifying shampoo, or look into one of those itchy scalp poos (keracare and NTM make nice ones). I recently bought Kenra's dandruff poo but that made it worse, so I returned it and got Joico's Daily Care Treatment poo. It doesn't have that medicated stuff in it, but my scalp feels soooo much better. It has biotin, jojoba, and inositol in the ingredients which are s'posed to promote healthy scalp cell turnover...

Hope some other ladies chime in for some ideas...:look:

First...stop scratching...you're creating a cycle where the scabs from the wounded scalp create more flaking and itching. Use the balls of your fingertips to relieve the itching. If you don't want to see a black dermatologist to find out the true cause of the itchy scalp (and get medical relief), get some products especially for dry, itchy scalp. Nizoral is a good medicated shampoo available on the market, and Keracare makes a complete product line for dry, itchy scalp. Whatever you do, get it under control before that next touch-up....or you'll be in for a world of hurt! :perplexed

Back