Heavy Protein After Relaxer

How long after a perm can you do a heavy protein without reversion?

• One Week

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Two Weeks

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Three Weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Four Weeks

• Five Weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

How long after a relaxer can I do a heavy protein?

I know that using a hardcore protein, such as Aphogee or Dudley DRC-28, too soon after a relaxer can cause some reversion.

Hence, how long can I wait without having to deal with reversion?

I do a heavy protein a week before my relaxer.

After a relaxer I do a moderate protein.

for someone who does it after their relaxer I'd wait one to two weeks.

Protein, or any other product will not revert relaxed hair so I wouldn't worry about that. I'd do a hard protein a week or so prior to the relaxer to prep for it.

Protein, or any other product will not revert relaxed hair so I wouldn't worry about that. I'd do a hard protein a week or so prior to the relaxer to prep for it.

Check out the following 5-page thread entitled, "No Hardcore Protein for 2 Weeks After Relaxer." The first post on the thread was from 2003, and the last post was from 2010. There were a few other threads where users were advised not to use heavy proteins too soon after relaxers.

Click here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=13648&page=5

@vtoodler and iwantmyglory,
This it would seem, is like everything else and depends on the individual. I don't relax now but, I have 2 close family members who relax bone straight and one who texlaxes. We are not protein sensitive. This is what I used to do when I relaxed and texlaxed and what I still do when I am caring for their hair. About 4 weeks before relaxer time heavy protein treatment (Aphogee 2 step to be exact). During relaxer process immediately after rinsing (only) relaxer from hair apply protein, then neutralize, next PC, then follow with heat and DC+ cap, then style as usual (lv-ins, sealing, etc). Followed by another protein treatment about 4 weeks after above process. The PC is also used in conjunction with the before and after relaxer protein sessions. Why? Because it is known that a relaxer opens the cuticles and there is not another more opportune time to get protein to the core of the hair shaft other than when the relaxer has just been rinsed off and that cuticle is wide open. Otherwise protein does not have a chance to 'penetrate' as deeply. We have only seen stronger, healthier, hair as a result but you may experience different results. Maybe trying that method on a small unseen part of your hair and monitoring it to see the results will work best? It works wonders for me when I use chemical straighteners. HTH!
BTW- We've never had any reversion.

Check out the following 5-page thread entitled, "No Hardcore Protein for 2 Weeks After Relaxer." The first post on the thread was from 2003, and the last post was from 2010. There were a few other threads where users were advised not to use heavy proteins too soon after relaxers.

Click here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=13648&page=5

I'm confused. I voted to use it before the relaxer, not after. Was this for me?:spinning:

I do mine before and after about a week later. HOWEVER I did an egg protein treatment after a relaxer once and OMG it may have not been reversion but my hair looked like I was a natural all my life when I was done! So with that said, I do LIGHT protein treatments AFTER my relaxer and HARD protein prior.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

I do Aphogee hardcore a week before the relaxer. I use Affirm reconstructor after I rinse the relaxer out and before the neutralizing step. I use Aphogee 2 min the week following my relaxer. After that I alternate using AO GPB.

I never do a hardcore treatment so close after my relaxer. I wait 6 weeks.

Back