Has Anyone Used Aveda's Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade?

mw138

av_A1KG_162.jpg

Has anyone tried this before. I just recently had my hair trimmed and my hair stylist put this on my hair after she blew it dry and lightly flat ironed it. It made my hair so sleek, soft, and shiny! I ended up buying my own. Prior to me buying it, my stylist asked me if I needed any products. I looked at the sea of shelves containing Aveda products (literally, there were Aveda products for as long as the eye can see! :lachen:) and had to put my willpower into full force! You guys have raved so much about Aveda products that I was tempted to just buy up everything. However, I was very good and just bought the pomade. :p My stylist told me that I should only use a very small amount because it could make your hair really heavy and greasy. It's been working out well for me so far.

ETA: Here's a picture of the outside of the salon I go to. You can see all of the hair products on shelves right up against the windows. PJs beware! :dizzy:

toppic-about1.jpg

Last edited:
I've also used it for my edges and nape. I just use castor oil now but I really liked the aveda.

I love it! It's lightweight and has a nice subtle sent! It's worth the price too...You don't need to apply much at all, so it will last you a while

I love it! It's lightweight and has a nice subtle sent! It's worth the price too...You don't need to apply much at all, so it will last you a while

You're right. I've had it for a week now and I've barely made a small dent in it!

Yep, have it and love it. I rub a little thru my fingers and rake them thru my hair after flat ironing. Keeps the frizzies away, etc. :yep:

I use it on the occasions when I straighted my hair and am going to be in humid enviornments. It really helps prevent my hair from frizzing up.

Outside of using with heat, has anyone used this on their edges while stretching? I don't use heat at all, so I'm searching for something to slick down my edges.

I love it! But I think I use the Humectant one (the blue jar) the Anti comes in a white jar right? Yep, I use the Humectant one.:yep:...just checked. My hair loves it. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I use it on the occasions when I straighted my hair and am going to be in humid enviornments. It really helps prevent my hair from frizzing up.

^:yep: If im going out clubbin where I know it'll be hot & funky, I make sure to use this to prevent my hair from getting frizzy.

I just purchased this. My ends are frizzy....I hope this helps. I also finally joined the privilege program too. I like the styling products....wish I would have joined earlier.

av_A1KG_162.jpg

Has anyone tried this before. I just recently had my hair trimmed and my hair stylist put this on my hair after she blew it dry and lightly flat ironed it. It made my hair so sleek, soft, and shiny! I ended up buying my own. Prior to me buying it, my stylist asked me if I needed any products. I looked at the sea of shelves containing Aveda products (literally, there were Aveda products for as long as the eye can see! :lachen:) and had to put my willpower into full force! You guys have raved so much about Aveda products that I was tempted to just buy up everything. However, I was very good and just bought the pomade. :p My stylist told me that I should only use a very small amount because it could make your hair really heavy and greasy. It's been working out well for me so far.

ETA: Here's a picture of the outside of the salon I go to. You can see all of the hair products on shelves right up against the windows. PJs beware! :dizzy:

toppic-about1.jpg
I've been using it for a few years now. I don't go without it and use it to seal in the moisture after applying my leave-in. I apply again before going out into humid conditions. It is not 100% effective for my hair but it's pretty good (80%). I love that the main ingredient is castor oil too. :yep:

Back