Hair Weave and Closure questions

themaverick777

Hey lovelies,
Please don't tell me to go on bhm.:sad: I've been on this hairboard for more than 10 years in different incarnations and we have some of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of any hair board. Anywho I would really appreciate if you could answer these questions.

1.When buying hair wefts, do you stagger your hair lengths?
2.If so do you tend to do this in increments of 2 inches 4 inches or more?
3.Do you layer your weaves using scissors or razors?
4.If you layer your hair, what do you do with the hair you've cut when reusing it for another install?
5.Do you think closures can look realistic to the naked eye?
6.Which kind of closure looks more realistic to you, a silk closure or a lace closure?

Thank you so much :yep:

I tend to stagger lengths in 2 inch increments but I also don't like more than 8oz/2 bundles and a closure. My typical lengths are 14/16 but I'm very short. I think closures can look very realistic to the naked eye. I prefer lace closures with the knots bleached and the part along actual scalp. I do not like to cut the hair unevenly but since I prefer to make closure wigs I don't have to deal with reusing the wefts.

BHM used to be a great resource for this but now it's pretty much dead.

Hey lovelies,
Please don't tell me to go on bhm.:sad: I've been on this hairboard for more than 10 years in different incarnations and we have some of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of any hair board. Anywho I would really appreciate if you could answer these questions.

4.If you layer your hair, what do you do with the hair you've cut when reusing it for another install?
6.Which kind of closure looks more realistic to you, a silk closure or a lace closure?

1. I always stagger my lengths...less cutting needed but ive seen all the same length look nice as well especially if ur going for a straight look

2. 2 inches is enough especially as u start to move up your head....if you are going with long lengths {24"+} you should double up on the longest... {26", 26",24"} imo ends seem to thin out more in longer lengths bc the hair can be spread more sparsely

3. I add slight layers to frame my face and some layers im the back bc I find curls come out better that way

4. If you layer lightly the tracks should hide any short hair even if your next style is different from the first

5. I have yet to see a realistic closure IRL. I have bought several but cant make them work for me...I think placing it behind the hairline with a teeny bit of leave out is the best way to go

6. I have very little experience with lace and none with silk. But from what I gather lace is the best way to go...more available, can be tweaked more, cheaper, etc

I am far from an expert but I dabble in weave alot so I hope this helps!

Hey lovelies,

I always stagger my lengths and do light long layers

Just 2 inches any more than that it starts to look like a mullet

I like to use razors..scissors always seem to blunt/choppy for me

I do light long layers and I do a middle part then reuse as a side part. Or if I cut it as a side part I just reuse it and lay the tracks the same as the previous install

5.Do you think closures can look realistic to the naked eye? No lol unless bleached... I couldn't make them look realistic for me

6.Which kind of closure looks more realistic to you, a silk closure or a lace closure? The most realistic are lace closures

:yep:

Hey lovelies,

Yes I stagger my legnths...for example 16,18,20
My stylist wuld usually layer it with scissors for a basic install or with a razor for a bob cut.
If I'm using BSS hair, I do not reuse. My first virgin hair purchase was garbage so I threw it away after my install. My second was kinky curly, I wore for a few months and threw it away. My third was coarse yaky, it was cut a little to shape my style and I kept the hair and use the tracks to create high buns now.
Closures are very tricky but if you get it bleached, and pluck a few strands as needed and lay it flat without pulling too tight on your edges, than yes you can probably get away with it looking realistic. I think very few closures look realistic...very few! They just have that look that you can't miss :lol: But I have seen some pretty good ones, mostly after the knots have been bleached and touched up with make up. Tierra Monet has some great videos on this.
I have only used a lace closure. If you can get the knots under control by bleaching and/or concealing than they are great. I have not used a silk one, but I touched and felt one and I thought it was so worth the money, it looked very realistic. I look forward to trying on this year. I'm gonna get an expensive one from AliExpress just to experiment with on my wig. :yep:

HTH

Back