Hair Symptoms......Help!!!

nyc_beauty

Hello Ladies,

I need some help on my current hair blues:
Currently my hair is shedding like crazy, very crunchy, doesn't seem to be absorbing any moisture. I am losing crazy hair and my edges as well. My beautician says that my hair is "coated"???? Any clue what that means....

I wash and condition my hair weekly. I moisturize my hair 2x's daily with vitapointe cream, optimum oil therapy, and coat ends with care free curl activator. I use protective styles. I relax about every 8 weeks.

Any clue as to what I should now do????

Since you said shedding and not breaking, I am not too sure. I mean, it could be seasonal shedding. I know some ladies have used garlic treatments or garlic shampoo to help with shedding. Hopefully those who have will chime in. I would ask the stylist what she meant by "coated". Maybe try a clarifier to help with that.

Maybe the vitapointe cream, optimum oil theraphy and/or the curl activator is leaving a coating on your hair. Try a ACV rinse.

You also mentioned that your hair was not getting moisture. Are there silicones in these products? I discovered that hard way that products with alot of silicones DO NOT work for my hair. Instead of locking moisture IN they lock moisture OUT on my hair. If you hair is coated a clarifying shampoo will help or as someone also suggested an ACV rinse.

Just a note of caution, if any of these products have mineral oil that could be a major reason that you hair is drying out. Check the label on that Optimum product.

HTH

Last edited:
nyc_beauty said:
Excuse me: My hair is breaking not shedding. Also I clarify my hair once every 4wks.
OK, well if it is breaking then I think it could be some of ingredients in the products. Meaning, they may all have protein in them and like Simply said, your hair is not getting enough moisture. Do you deep condition your hair?

BklynHeart said:
Do you think it may be your relaxer? maybe that's what is causing the breakage.
This is a good point. When was the last time you had a relaxer? How long have you been experiencing the breakage?

Yes thanks ladies I believe its due to the products. I came across some cones in my products.....Out to the BSS...thanks again

do u apply a lot of products with cones in it? maybe u need to do a clarifying treatment or wash with a clarifying shampoo, so your hair can absorb moisture again.

nyc_beauty said:
Excuse me: My hair is breaking not shedding. Also I clarify my hair once every 4wks.
oops, didnt see this. well maybe use should cut down on the amount of products you use on your hair. :look: well, do u manipulate/style your hair alot? :confused:

simplycee said:
You also mentioned that your hair was not getting moisture. Are there silicones in these products? I discovered that hard way that products with alot of silicones DO NOT work for my hair. Instead of locking moisture IN they lock moisture OUT on my hair. If you hair is coated a clarifying shampoo will help or as someone also suggested an ACV rinse.

Just a note of caution, if any of these products have mineral oil that could be a major reason that you hair is drying out. Check the label on that Optimum product.

HTH

Simplycee you have the word coating correctly defined. It means that the products or one of the product you use is blocking moisture out of you hair. Most of the coating products coat silicone. It makes you hair look glossy and shiny at first. However, when you are applying other products it does not absorb and you hair will suffocate and eventually starts to its luster.

Back