Hair cut (from waist length to bra-strap length)

So the post-cut pic in your bathrobe is the same length as the last pic with you in the black top? That's amazing, your hair looks so much longer in the last pic. Anyway, it looks very pretty.

What was bad about your ends and what do you plan on doing to prevent it from happening again?

I get emotional with hair cuts also and my hair is no where near yours. Semo, you hair is still long and it looks very healthy and beautiful. You'll be back to waistlength in no time. Look how quick you got there. So enjoy your hair!

I think it looks so healthy and really pretty and full. Don't worry about the length. Beautiful hair is beautiful hair. I have seen ladies out in public with short cuts and their hair was healthy, shiny, and well kept and I still thought it was beautiful, so length isn't the only thing that matters.

So the post-cut pic in your bathrobe is the same length as the last pic with you in the black top? That's amazing, your hair looks so much longer in the last pic. Anyway, it looks very pretty.

What was bad about your ends and what do you plan on doing to prevent it from happening again?

Yes, it's the same length. Here's a pic of me in the bathrobe (for comparison). I don't know why, but my hair does look longer with the black top (must be a camera thing, or maybe my hair sorta blends in with the shirt and looks longer).

3282010haircut006-vi.jpg

I think there were a number of things that contributed to my hair needing to be trimmed/cut (though I didn't really need but 2 inches taken off, not 6):

I think my ends got so bad because I'd gotten a bit lazy about protecting my ends (not wearing as many buns to keep the ends tucked away, and not making sure to always seal my ends with oil to keep the moisture in).

Plus I had split ends that needed to be trimmed. I got to be anti-trimming after my last trim turned into a hair cut (I got more hair cut than needed that time too). So I just didn't want to trim my hair anymore. I'm not to trusting of people near my hair with scissors (until I get desperate, like I did this weekend).

I also had a fair number of single strand knots on the ends of my hair, contributing to tangles and breakage. I think the way to solve this one is to actually start wearing my hair straightened a bit more often, and self-trimming my ends when I do so. I can't tell the condition of my ends when my hair is curly. I usually only straighten my hair 2-3 times year, but hadn't trimmed in years. I should maybe feel lucky that my ends weren't worse.

I almost forgot, I need to deep condition my hair way more than I have been. But ever since ORS reformulated their conditioner paks I haven't been able to find a DC that I like as much as I did that one. So I just fell off on doing them in general.

Man, when I look at that all together, it appears that I have been seriously neglecting my hair. :( But I'm going to turn over a new leaf. :)

It's beautiful! Aren't you mid-back length now instead of BSL?

Not quite, but close. I took a pic with no shirt and my hair is grazing my bra-strap now. But considering that I have a short torso, mid-back length is only 2-3 inches away from BSL for me. So I should be back at MBL in a few months.

And thanks again to everyone who responded in this thread.

Last edited:
I can relate. After the birth of my second daughter, I had pretty much reached WL but it was DAMAGED WL and I was damaging it more by keeping it long. I cut to BSL and was so happy to have healthy hair. AND, like you, I usually wear it curly and up so very few people even knew I was WL and my shrunken curls hit the same spot. An added benefit to the trim was how easy it was to style my hair curly.

It will grow back!

:bighug:

I've always loved your hair and still do! :yep: I know seeing the length gone doesn't feel real goodl right now. But try to enjoy it straight with those fabulous, thick, blunt, fresh ends. Then when you wear it curly, you are going to have a GORGEOUS curly bob!:up:

LHCF is the best!! :yep: Thank you again SO much to everyone for all of the encouragement and kind words.

I can relate. After the birth of my second daughter, I had pretty much reached WL but it was DAMAGED WL and I was damaging it more by keeping it long. I cut to BSL and was so happy to have healthy hair. AND, like you, I usually wear it curly and up so very few people even knew I was WL and my shrunken curls hit the same spot. An added benefit to the trim was how easy it was to style my hair curly.

It will grow back!

Yeah, I don't think most people know how much length I lost. Mostly just the friend that helped me blow dry my hair before the cut and later flat ironed it after the cut.

But my ends feel so much better after the cut, even when my hair is curly. I didn't think I'd be able to tell that much difference in my ends, before vs. after, when my hair was no longer straight. But I definitely can tell. Much cleaner and neater. And I think styling, and even detangling, will be easier. :yep:

:bighug:

I've always loved your hair and still do! :yep: I know seeing the length gone doesn't feel real goodl right now. But try to enjoy it straight with those fabulous, thick, blunt, fresh ends. Then when you wear it curly, you are going to have a GORGEOUS curly bob!:up:

Thanks for the compliment!!

I hope my hair does form a cute curly bob. I'm deep conditioning my hair now, but won't be able to tell for sure how it looks until I wear it down and curly and my hair has had a chance to dry.

Back