Growth AIDS

nikkiheaven

I’ve not been to this forum in a loooong time. What growth aids are people using these days. I used to used Wild Growth oil, what scalp oil are you guys using for thining and growth?

I'll answer with with what I've been trying lately with a short review of each. First let me say that I tried Wild Growth Hair oil years ago when I was still a teenager I think. I didn't see any growth with it but then again I wasn't focusing on growth at the time (was mostly using it on my hair not my scalp).

Now to answer your question about what I've been using recently. I've actually been rotating different growth aides over the last few years. I've tried the original Gro-Aut oil which gave me fine, new baby hairs and then I tried another oil from the same company and mixed it with the original but didn't see any results.

This year I've used Chy Aloe Growth Healing Serum & Mega Growth Oil--has a unique scent and feels great on my scalp but I can't say I saw phenomenal growth but maybe it takes more time with this one (the bottle I got was quite small and was barely enough to use for one month). I have another one from the same company called Rose Infused Hair Growth Elixir but have not tried it yet.

What I've used the most over the last few years are NJoy Essentials Hair Growth Pomade and Canvas Beauty Hair Blossom Serum with a brief trial of the Canvas Beauty Blossom Serum 2.0. I almost always see phenomenal new growth with the NJoy Essentials product. I've tried small bottles of the oil from this company but I prefer the pomade. It's more like a cream than a grease/pomade but it is still oil-based. Very thick new growth so much so that sometimes it's a challenge to get a comb through it. So far it's the best I've used for overall hair growth. I do see some growth with Canvas Beauty too but not as much as with the NJoy Essentials growth pomade but sometimes I will grab a bottle of the Canvas Beauty serum(s) anyway if there's a sale.

Right now I'm trying a DIY ayurvedic hair growth oil since a lot of folks claim phenomenal growth with it as well. It's coconut oil based along with some other oils and it's infused with fenugreek seeds. I'm taking a break this month this month from all oils and potions on my scalp and will make a fresh batch of the ayurvedic oil to use next month. This time I will infuse more ayurvedic powders like amla and bhringraj and will also add kalonji/black cumin seeds to ramp it up a bit. With my first batch, I can't say I saw much new growth so I'm tweaking the recipe a little bit.

I do want to try one more product that I learned about on here recently called Curls and Potions Scalp Potion. It seems to be more of a serum than an oil based product which would be ideal for me. As much as I've used growth aides on my scalp this year, I absolutely dislike oils and greasiness on my scalp/hair but I've been sticking with it for the results. So once I try this product, it might be my go to product for hair growth aides even replacing my NJoy Essentials pomade, if it gives me a decent amount of hair growth.

Last edited:
Back