Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I decided to ditch my plan to wear wigs for the summer because it's way too hot for that, even if the wig is short.

I do think they hair, skin, and nail gummies I'm taking are working because my roots are super thick now. It would normally take 6-7 weeks for them to be at this stage. On these vitamins, it only took 4.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd with Avon Frizz Control for 30 minutes under the heat cap & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80 % of the Tressemme Moisture Rich.
  • LSO'd: L = LRC Shake 'n Go; S = Ouidad Curl Quencher & Twisted Sista Curl Activator; O = Keravada Buttercream on length.

Lucia

Co washed then clarified 1
Day
Water washed 2 X this week sealed with oil and butter.

Last edited:

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz
  • DC'd under heat for an hour with Soultanical's Afrotastic
  • Used CC's Natural Scalp Scrub, CW'd with KJ Naturals Cocoa Clay Raspberry, Reconstructed with Garnier, 80% rinse out of ACV & Tresemme Moisture Rich
  • L = Aphogee Curlific; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length; G = FUBU Curl Defining

JoyBelle

Hey ladies,

I have my hair in mini twists right now. I am going to give myself a good trim when I take them down. I put them in about two weeks ago. I am going to give myself a thorough trim when I take them down. I also plan to do inversions for a week starting today.

WeirdoBeauty

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime)
Diamond Plus

Start Date:
June 7,2016
End Date:
Dec. 31,2017
Hair Length Goal for this Challenge:
Waist length
Ultimate Hair Length Goal:
Tbl
What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):
anyone who has long healthy hair,honesty
Regimen:
pre-poo with pre-poo mixture + dentagler hair in sections
Co-wash 2x week
DC 1x week
hot oil/oil rinse 1x week
Protein treatments and poo as needed

Extras to help get to goal faster:
taking all of my supplments/vitamins,working out and PS
What you will do once you reach goal:

Get a blowout and do hair flips :gorgeous:

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd with Avon Frizz Control for 30 minutes under heat cap & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of the Tresemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd: L = Aphogee Curlific; C = Kurlee Belle Leave In; O = Mielle Organics Almond Mint on scalp & Annabelle's Safflower on length; B = Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.

Lucia

Gold Challenge!

Start Date: 4.22.16

End Date: 10.22.16

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Full APL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Waist

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):
The fact that I just randomly went and "dusted" (0.5-1 inches) in random sections for no reason...senior year anxiety is ridiculous

Regimen: Wash once a week, Moisturize and seal, Deep condition once a week, Least amount of heat possible,Relax ONLY after 12 weeks

Extras to help get to goal faster:WHGO, Tons of Water, Evening Primrose Oil caplets
What you will do once you reach goal: Dust and start again!
STARTING PICTURE

:wave:

Welcome you've been added to the challenge.

Lucia

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime)
Diamond Plus

Start Date:
June 7,2016
End Date:
Dec. 31,2017
Hair Length Goal for this Challenge:
Waist length
Ultimate Hair Length Goal:
Tbl
anyone who has long healthy hair,honesty
Regimen:
pre-poo with pre-poo mixture + dentagler hair in sections
Co-wash 2x week
DC 1x week
hot oil/oil rinse 1x week
Protein treatments and poo as needed

Extras to help get to goal faster:
taking all of my supplments/vitamins,working out and PS
What you will do once you reach goal:

Get a blowout and do hair flips :gorgeous:

:wave:

Welcome you're in the challenge.

Lucia

Ladies time for updates
Pics or no pics, stretched/pulled length check is OK.
just let us know where you're at now and how everything's going hair wise and any passes used regimen changes, inversion etc... If your original sign up time is complete please state if you'll re-up or just cruise on your own no official updates or check ins and check in when you feel like it or just lurk or cheer us on.

Check the first page for trophy updates, those who have posted and/or updated will have trophy updates.

Last edited:

Lucia

Updates
Did a henna cassia treatment
Then DC with Shea moisture high porosity purple label hair masque under heat cap for 30m. Smells yummy.

I had to trim some splits and some rough ends so max in some places 1/2 inch so I was just WL now I'm just above WL.
So it's back on my grind co-washing, oiling scalp massage inversion locb PS no heat etc to get the half inch back and beyond.
Going to oil scalp massage and invert tonight.

1st goal : HL
Ultimate goal: TL

ETA
I finished my first annual cycle so I'm at Diamond Plus status and on my 2nd cycle and cruising. I'm going to try and keep my trims to 2x a year check in post and keep the thread going of course. When I reach goal I will maintain don't know if I'll let it keep growing yet.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    666.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Dee Raven

Well, I'm smooth sailing over here. I trimmed my hair at the end of April (wet trim, don't know if I mentioned that in this thread) and my hair is thriving. I will never (that I can foresee now) trim my hair on straightened hair again. And for that matter, I don't think I'll straighten my hair again. It's sooooo much work and I can never get it to look the way I want to. Right now I'm thinking about just getting a straight haired wig for when I want some variety.

Anyways, I would like to join the challenge for another year. My challenge was complete in May. I'm currently at TBL; I've been hanging out there to even out my ends. But now that my ends are nice and healthy, I'm planning on letting my hair continue growing and I'm going to change my measuring from straight hair to curly. Currently I'm in between APL and BSL unstretched. My new goal is to get to MBL curly unstretched, then maybe WSL (not sure that's possible but we'll see). I'm really looking forward to trying the Anthony Dickey method. How I was my hair currently is pretty close to his method, I just don't let my hair stay sopping wet, so I'm going to try that and see the results.

Lucia

Summer 2016 Updated regimen:
Pretty much the same only changed some products to old ones I used before. CRN was really nice kept my hair moisturized and happy and smelled great but was getting too pricey for my length and thickness she only sells 8oz jars and I had to buy 2 of anything I needed and that would be gone in a month and a half.

So here's the routine:

Still doing LCOB or LCO
I use homemade Ayurvedic oil blends main oils coconut, castor, olive, with others I throw into my mixture that are around, also I make my own whipped butters or use them straight out of the container my favs are shea, avocado, and mango. I buy larger sizes for same money as before and I save in the long run.
I'm using cheapie conditioners for co washing, no cleansing conditioners when needed clarifying with diluted acv and water.
I mist with rose water, aloe vera juice and water, and 3 x a week I mist with Ayurvedic tea instead of aphogee protein spray. If I don't have time to make Ayurvedic tea then aphogee will be my alternate.

My main detangler is Knot today and main leave in conditioner is Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture, using knot today as a base I don't rinse it all out when detangling, then I follow with oiling my scalp and massage then oil length, then butter on the entire length then style usually PS not wearing many wng and air dry if it's cool out or I'm in a hurry I'll diffuse I rarely blow dry or straighten my hair. DC and henna when needed.

For the edges I use curls blueberry edge control and I don't use Eco styler or any gels daily just every once in a while when needed for a certain look or style I've been staying away from gels as they are drying to the hair and my hairs always more tangled after using gel throughout, so all butter no gel especially since I still want to grow my hair longer.
Check out 1ballerina and chime/haircrush on YouTube they both talk about how drying gel is and how much better their hair is growing without it.

Clean eating balanced vegetarian diet, proper hydration, vitamins for health and green veggie and fruit smoothies if I need a boost in growth I'll sometimes take some viviscal, and excercising mostly cardio at least 3x a week

HHG

Last edited:

Lucia

Elle/ Denmipixie quest for the perfect curl -she breaks down products ingredients and how they work

Last edited:

Lucia

Well, I'm smooth sailing over here. I trimmed my hair at the end of April (wet trim, don't know if I mentioned that in this thread) and my hair is thriving. I will never (that I can foresee now) trim my hair on straightened hair again. And for that matter, I don't think I'll straighten my hair again. It's sooooo much work and I can never get it to look the way I want to. Right now I'm thinking about just getting a straight haired wig for when I want some variety.

Anyways, I would like to join the challenge for another year. My challenge was complete in May. I'm currently at TBL; I've been hanging out there to even out my ends. But now that my ends are nice and healthy, I'm planning on letting my hair continue growing and I'm going to change my measuring from straight hair to curly. Currently I'm in between APL and BSL unstretched. My new goal is to get to MBL curly unstretched, then maybe WSL (not sure that's possible but we'll see). I'm really looking forward to trying the Anthony Dickey method. How I was my hair currently is pretty close to his method, I just don't let my hair stay sopping wet, so I'm going to try that and see the results.

Awesome, hope to join you in TBL land soon ;)
tell us about trimming wet hair and not dry or straight? I don't think I saw a post in this thread or if you've already explained somewhere else post that link thanks.

trclemons

@Lucia

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond: Diamond

Start Date: January 2016

End Date: December 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: MBL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: TBL

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): Personal dream

Regimen: LCO, massage scalp & baggy overnight daily; PrePoo DC & CW on Tuesdays; Alternate between PrePoo DC & CW and Oil PrePoo & Shampoo on Saturdays; Invert 1 week/month.

Extras to help get to goal faster: Eat a balanced diet, walk during the week days, drink 1/2 my weight in water daily.

What you will do once you reach goal: Take a celebration picture & continue to the next hair length goal.
Just checking in. My regimen is pretty much the same with the following exceptions:

1. I changed from LCO to LCOB and put the butter on my ends. I think that's why my ends have been doing so well and I haven't needed to trim this year. My goal is to trim before my December length check.

2. I baggy for 1-3 hours each night because I'm wearing my own hair and I don't want a lot of shrinkage.

Regarding the extras for reaching my goal faster: I have been doing terrible with my eating, exercising & water drinking. I have not been motivated in this area, but I will do better.

Lucia

Just checking in. My regimen is pretty much the same with the following exceptions:

1. I changed from LCO to LCOB and put the butter on my ends. I think that's why my ends have been doing so well and I haven't needed to trim this year. My goal is to trim before my December length check.

2. I baggy for 1-3 hours each night because I'm wearing my own hair and I don't want a lot of shrinkage.

Regarding the extras for reaching my goal faster: I have been doing terrible with my eating, exercising & water drinking. I have not been motivated in this area, but I will do better.

Girl you are working your hair regimen :lol:
Make small changes in diet and excercising then they will become a habit.
HHG

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Update. I'm about 7 weeks post cut to even my hair out. My hair is growing back...in the same uneven pattern.:pullhair: My left side just naturally grows slower than the right side. I really don't mind the U shape when it's straight. I wish stylists understood this.

I plan on keeping up with the Hair, Skin, and Nail gummies I really think this is the main thing that's responsible for this boost in growth. I'm working on my overall die so until I get it together, these can help. I take 2 in the morning and evening. I try to get them BOGO or with a coupon.

I plan on doing wash and go on my mini braids through the summer. I'm going to keep the set I have in now for another 2 weeks or so. I'll be doing a minor length check at the end of the month.

Lucia

Update. I'm about 7 weeks post cut to even my hair out. My hair is growing back...in the same uneven pattern.:pullhair: My left side just naturally grows slower than the right side. I really don't mind the U shape when it's straight. I wish stylists understood this.

I plan on keeping up with the Hair, Skin, and Nail gummies I really think this is the main thing that's responsible for this boost in growth. I'm working on my overall die so until I get it together, these can help. I take 2 in the morning and evening. I try to get them BOGO or with a coupon.

I plan on doing wash and go on my mini braids through the summer. I'm going to keep the set I have in now for another 2 weeks or so. I'll be doing a minor length check at the end of the month.

Everyone's hair grows uneven if you keep cutting the shorter hairs will never catch up if it's not damaged or split don't cut just do a search and destroy if needed for splits and ssks that keeps the majority of your length intact.
HTH

Last edited:

Aggie

Updates
Did a henna cassia treatment
Then DC with Shea moisture high porosity purple label hair masque under heat cap for 30m. Smells yummy.

I had to trim some splits and some rough ends so max in some places 1/2 inch so I was just WL now I'm just above WL.
So it's back on my grind co-washing, oiling scalp massage inversion locb PS no heat etc to get the half inch back and beyond.
Going to oil scalp massage and invert tonight.

1st goal : HL
Ultimate goal: TL

ETA
I finished my first annual cycle so I'm at Diamond Plus status and on my 2nd cycle and cruising. I'm going to try and keep my trims to 2x a year check in post and keep the thread going of course. When I reach goal I will maintain don't know if I'll let it keep growing yet.

Looking good girlie...:yep:

Aggie

I did a Matrix black demi-permanent color on my hair this morning

I used Time Reset shampoo followed by an aloe vera juice/wheat germ oil rinse combo

I deep conditioned with Time Reset Youth Revitalizer Treatment

Moisturized with Oyin Hair Dew sealed with a combination of ceramide oils.

I'm wearing a bun today and most likely will be wigging it sometime next week.

***Also, I just submitted a length check in April and probably won't do another one until November or December if I blow it out. I may do a pull check before that though - no heat. I'm at APL at the moment and working my way to BSL before the end of the year hopefully.

Leo24Rule

^^regarding henna teas I used to use them weekly and got incredible growth retention but it got too messy for me but this method from curly proverbs and putting it in a spray bottle is genius. I've got a cassia amla tea cooling and infusing overnight for use tomorrow. I'm jumping back into this wagon ASAP. Don't sleep on Ayurvedic herbs ladies its the truth.

Disclaimer: know what your hair can take and start slow with henna and other herbs always use something moisturizing after any Ayurvedic treatments.

I have a basket of ayurvedic herbs under the sink. As summer is approaching what I'm going to re-incorporate those into my regimen. Do you think I should add to a cheapie conditioner for co-washes? I've never made an oil with them.
Tell me about your cassia amla cooling tea please.