Gold 'N Hot Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer

soulchild

Gold \'N Hot Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=255282&dept%5Fid=1630
Is this a good dryer to get? My mom is planning on purchasing it from Sally's tomorrow.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=173005&dept%5Fid=1630
Today she bought this one, but it didn't seem to heat up very well so she's going to exchange it for the Gold N' Hot.

If anyone has used it, please let me know your experience with it. I wish Sally's carried the Dazy brand, I know those ones are good quality.

soulchild

Re: Gold \'N Hot Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer

I should add the reason why we went with the other one is because it said "one year warranty' on the box.

soulchild

Oh, and also I wanted to ask if soft bonnet dryers can be purchased from Target or Walmart and if so do you recommend them? -TIA

Karonica

I have the gold and hot one (the one with the jumbo plastic cap) and I don't like that thing at all.
The heat doesn't distribute evenly, it only hits one area of my big head.
I use it now and then though, but I have to keep changing the cap so that the heat can flow in different parts of my head. It's annoying. I'd get a regular hood dryer, if you can.

soulchild

Karonica, thanks for answering. Does the GoldNHot Have a warranty on it?

My mom wants to get a soft bonnet so she can dry her hair comfortably in bed. I don't know of any other place to get one!

inthepink

I have the Carel one from Sally's and I really like it. I didn't get the Gold n' Hot one b/c the bonnet thing doesn't look very comfortable.

I have never seen soft bonnets at Target or Walmart.

aprilbiz

I had the second one you posted...the one you said didn't get hot enough... I took it back for the exact same reason. I also have the Gold-N-Hot and I'm not overly impressed with it... The bonnet is huge and it takes forever for my hair to dry... I am looking for the kind my Grandmother used to have... I have no idea what the brand is, but it had a cute floral box (from what I rememeber.) I'm sure it was something she purchased in the 60's or 70's. It was the best...

soulchild

aprilbiz, the old school hair dryers were the best. A friend of my moms had one from the 70s I think and it still works great.

They just dont make 'em like they used to anymore

karezone

My soft bonnet dryer stopped working last semester, it just up and died without any warning what so ever. I now have my Aunt's Gold N' Hot Hard Bonnet.

soulchild

karezone, do you remember which brand it was? And how do you like the gold n hot. -TIA

karezone

It is a Hot Tools Professional, I had it less than three months. I am loving my Aunt's Gold N' Hot it gets unbearably hot. I don't know about longevity though. When I am at home, I use my Mom's 15 year old, Lady Dazey and it gets just as hot.

offthechainliz

I was thinking about buying that or the new ion hooded dryer that promises to condition while drying and causes no breakage because it uses negatively charge ions to dry the hair. has anyone used this?

lunalight7

Tracy uses an ionic dryer and she wasn't convinced about the whole ionic thing...perhaps you could PM her and get more info.

Sweetyb

bump--only to post my review....

I bought the soft bonnet Gold 'N Hot dryer... it was so cute I had to get it. I thought the cap was funny too because it felt like it was lopsided (I assume you can attach any other cap to it maybe), but I liked the air pressure that came from the machine. It was forceful. The only thing though, the main thing for me, was that it was tooo hot. I couldn't stand that thing for more than 10 minutes at a time--I had to take breaks. This was their low setting mind you. They only had two settings, low and high, and no cool setting. I needed the cool setting, and the thing was way too hot for me, so I had to take it back.

I got the ion hard hooded dryer today, I'll try it tomorrow.

Karonica

The ion one by Hot Tools? Please give a review after you use it, I just ordered that one as well.
I too, have the Gold-n-Hot soft bonnet dryer, but I hate it. It only heats up in the back and you have to keep rearranging the pump.

GoingBack

BUMP

Any more reviews? Im planning to buy a soft bonnet dryer soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif