God had me do something....

Renewed1

and I have no idea why, it actually freaked me out for about an hour. I had to call my friend to calm me down.

My habit is when I move into a new place, I pray over my new home. My current residence no different, I prayed over the property on move in day which was September 2008.

Yesterday God urged me to put oil over the windows and doors of the property. I was lazy (sorry God) and I didn't do it. Then I forgot all about it. :nono:

Today, while I was reading my Word, I felt that same urge to annoint the windows and doors of my home. I got up prayed over some oil and put it over every door and window in my house. Then God told me to go out and annoint my cul de sac (I live in a townhome community) and I walked around the entire cul de sac and sprayed oil on the ground (I had the oil in a spray bottle). Then while I was walking I started to pray over the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD.

I have no idea why, God never had me do something that BIG before.

Scared the mess out of me. Sorry, I just had to share it.

Avyn

maybe for protection from unseen dangers, maybe as intercession for someone in your neighborhood.

that reminds me of a testimony from a spiritual warfare book by rebecca brown and she told the story of a community of witches that were assigned to kill a pastor and his family. they went to the pastor's house in the middle of the night and when they arrived there were very tall angels standing shoulder to shoulder around the perimeter of the property. they could not get throught the angels and after several attempts they left. they tried several more nights and could not carry out their mission. i don't think the pastor ever knew what was assigned against him nor of the failure of this coven to reach him.

♥Lamaravilla♥

Thank you for sharing! How did you KNOW it was God telling you to do this? I wish I was better at discerning His voice and will over my own internal thoughts...

Prudent1

Changed,
It's ok that we don't always understand why God has us do certain things. :yep: It is more important to do what he says. Sometimes he let's us know later. Sometimes he gives us a peek. Sometimes I think we'll know why in eternity. Remember obedience is better than sacrifice (1 Sam 15:22) and God's ways, thoughts, etc are above what we are capable of while in these human bodies (Isa 55:9). Whatever the reason we know there is always a method to the 'madness' b/c God is all good all the times!! You will be blessed for your obedience. It may have saved your or someone else's very life. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Prudent1

Thank you for sharing! How did you KNOW it was God telling you to do this? I wish I was better at discerning His voice and will over my own internal thoughts...

For your Lamaravilla,
Because you have desired a more excellent thing. It is God's will that we be able to hear him clearly
John 10:27 (New King James Version)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

It is vital that we be able to distinguish God's voice from our's or the adversary's voice in this present age. Here is a prayer for you. Begin to pray it and wait expecting to hear your heavenly Father's voice...

Heavenly Father, I come to You now in the Name of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Holy Spirit I pray that You will quicken me to hear my Heavenly Father’s Voice and lead me in prayer. Heavenly Father, I bow and worship before You. I come to You with praise and with thanksgiving. I come to You in humility, in fear, and in trembling and seeking truth. I come to You in gratitude, in love, and through the precious Blood of Your Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth. (Note - if two or more praying: Heavenly Father, _____ and I come to You in one accord in the Name of Christ Jesus of Nazareth according to Matthew 18:19)

Prudent1

Down here the old people used to say, " Baby you got to know that you know that you know..." and I would be like what are they talking about?!! We need to know when God is speaking. We don't have time to be guessing. There is too much going on in the world...

Hearing God’s Voice Prayer
Heavenly Father, I (we) come to You now in the Name of my (our) Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Heavenly Father, It is written in Your Word according to John chapter 10 that Your sheep know Your Voice. Heavenly Father, I am (we are) one of Your sheep. I (we) ask You Heavenly Father, to teach me (us) to hear Your Voice distinctly and clearly according to John chapter 10. I(we) ask You increase Your anointing on me (us) to clearly hear and know Your Voice and not that of a stranger, I (we) ask You to do this in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Give me (us) the ability Heavenly Father to hear Your Voice, I (we) ask this according to John 16:23 in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen!
Testing the Spirits
Heavenly Father, it is written in Your Word in 1st John 4:1-2 that we should not believe every spirit but test the spirits to determine whether the spirits are of God. By this I will know the Spirit of God: for every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. Heavenly Father if You told me, “_________”, confess, “Jesus Christ has come in the flesh.” Amen. (Explanation: If you believe the Lord has told you something, the Word tells you to test the spirits. If the Lord does not tell you that “Jesus Christ has come in the flesh”, then you have not heard the Spirit of God.)

Remove Any Deception
Heavenly Father, I (we) come to You through the Precious Blood of my (our) Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I (we) ask You to destroy and remove any deception in my (our) mind(s) in Jesus Christ’s Holy Name, amen.

Last edited:

♥Lamaravilla♥

Thank you Prudent!! I am printing this out right now.

For your Lamaravilla,
Because you have desired a more excellent thing. It is God's will that we be able to hear him clearly
John 10:27 (New King James Version)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

It is vital that we be able to distinguish God's voice from our's or the adversary's voice in this present age. Here is a prayer for you. Begin to pray it and wait expecting to hear your heavenly Father's voice...

Heavenly Father, I come to You now in the Name of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Holy Spirit I pray that You will quicken me to hear my Heavenly Father’s Voice and lead me in prayer. Heavenly Father, I bow and worship before You. I come to You with praise and with thanksgiving. I come to You in humility, in fear, and in trembling and seeking truth. I come to You in gratitude, in love, and through the precious Blood of Your Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth. (Note - if two or more praying: Heavenly Father, _____ and I come to You in one accord in the Name of Christ Jesus of Nazareth according to Matthew 18:19)

JinaRicci

maybe for protection from unseen dangers, maybe as intercession for someone in your neighborhood.

that reminds me of a testimony from a spiritual warfare book by rebecca brown and she told the story of a community of witches that were assigned to kill a pastor and his family. they went to the pastor's house in the middle of the night and when they arrived there were very tall angels standing shoulder to shoulder around the perimeter of the property. they could not get throught the angels and after several attempts they left. they tried several more nights and could not carry out their mission. i don't think the pastor ever knew what was assigned against him nor of the failure of this coven to reach him.

Yes!! they were 'linked angels.' That was when the witch woman realized the power of God. You read that book too! It had such a great impact on me!

OP- I pray that God will send His holy angels to watch over you and use you for His ministry in your new neighborhood.

Renewed1

maybe for protection from unseen dangers, maybe as intercession for someone in your neighborhood. .

Good point. I figure that maybe danger was coming, but still ......I'm one of those quiet Christians.

Last edited:

Renewed1

The ladies above answered your question. But for me, I knew it was God, because I wouldn't anoint the land on my own accord. I wouldn't even THINK to do something like that. Usually that's how I know its God, because I wouldn't do the things He has me to do.

But he speaks to me in other ways, visions, "feelings", urges, discernment, etc etc. I'm rambling now....:drunk:

mswoman

When you hear God telling you to do something, do it! Obedience is BETTER than scraifice. Because you didn't do what he told you to do in the first place, you had to cover the whole block. Remember the devil roams to see whom he can destroy... you may have saved your community by being obedient to his word.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
and I have no idea why, it actually freaked me out for about an hour. I had to call my friend to calm me down.

My habit is when I move into a new place, I pray over my new home. My current residence no different, I prayed over the property on move in day which was September 2008.

Yesterday God urged me to put oil over the windows and doors of the property. I was lazy (sorry God) and I didn't do it. Then I forgot all about it. :nono:

Today, while I was reading my Word, I felt that same urge to annoint the windows and doors of my home. I got up prayed over some oil and put it over every door and window in my house. Then God told me to go out and annoint my cul de sac (I live in a townhome community) and I walked around the entire cul de sac and sprayed oil on the ground (I had the oil in a spray bottle). Then while I was walking I started to pray over the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD.

Changed, this was definitely God directing you and this is not so strange and don't be surprised if God leads you elsewhere. I'm always annointing my family members with oil and even my office space and home and our vehicles with oil. Our finances are anointed.

I can remember being in Church during Praise and Worship, and the Lord pressed upon my heart to pray for my Dad. He was in my spirit so strong and we were singing the worship song, "You are the God Who Healeth Me". The flow of God was so strong and at the same time very gentle. I just flowed in the spirit of song and pray and lifted my Dad before the Lord.

After service, I went home as usual and I called my Dad to check on him. Of all things, he had a diabetic epidsode (he didn't eat that morning like he should have) and had to go to the hospital. When I shared with my Dad what had happened in Church during worship, he began to cry. He could feel that God was with him. God knew and prompted me to pray for him at the right time.

I have more testimonies than I have time to tell them. God is faithful to His word of directing us. He does not play. You were re-directly spirits of danger and darkness from your dwelling place. God has promised that we would 'live' in a peaceable habitation and He's not lying about this. No indeed. He means it. The annointing of the oil is not magic its just an act of obedience which represents His presence upon us, that God honors.

Tis more..... :Rose: :yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hi, Changed,

I remember seeing this thread and having nothing to say, but I do today. In John 2:7, Jesus' mother told the servants at the wedding in Cana, whatever he tells you, do it.

I'm glad you just did what God asked you to do....because when God speaks to us directly, his intention is transformation. I'm so looking forward to your testimony, Changed, because you act in faith when God tells you to. That Rhema Word... you heard it!

I'll have to look for it, but I read somewhere there are ways you can tell when it is God speaking to you and not the enemy. A couple signs: it requires courage and is something that will always "gnaw" at you; and it's something that will go against reason according to the world. So your anointing your neighborhood may seem "crazy" or even scary to someone else, but when that transformation takes place... oh, please let us know! :yep:

Noah was crazy too. ;)

God bless you to day
Laela
:rosebud:

Today, while I was reading my Word, I felt that same urge
to annoint the windows and doors of my home. I got up prayed over some oil and put it over every door and window in my house. Then God told me to go out and annoint my cul de sac (I live in a townhome community) and I walked around the entire cul de sac and sprayed oil on the ground (I had the oil in a spray bottle). Then while I was walking I started to pray over the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD.

Renewed1

^^^ Thanks for the encouragement. I'm ok NOT knowing what was prevented, as long as we are all protected against whatever was suppose to happen.