GNC Cold Pressed flaxseed oil

cutiebe2

So when I first started talking Flax oil I used this. I had no problem with it and I thought it was of good quality. Then, right before school started, I went to Whole Foods and decided to get everything in one trip so I got Barlean's Flax oil Ligan. This taste sooo good and the participate in it made it a deep brown, really rich color.
So two weeks ago when I went back home I went to GNC and picked up their flax oil as usual. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!! It's bright yellow, very fake in look and taste. Now that I know what good quality oil taste like I can't go back to this stuff.:perplexed

I will be going back to Barlean's ASAP and I higly recommend it :D

Honey6928215

You did the right thing by buying Barlean's Flaxseed Oil w/Lignan. That's the closest thing to potent, organic and quality flaxseed you are going to get. They have Evening Primrose Oil capsules, too.

SohoHair

Yup I use Barleans from Whole Foods and I love it. Very good quality and its kept refrigerated so it's fresh.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I've gotta try Barleans then. The GNC stuff tastes GHASTLY!! The only way I can stomach it is to mix it with my liquid vitamin in a shot glass and just gulp the sucka down... :eek: :lol:

cutiebe2 said:
So when I first started talking Flax oil I used this. I had no problem with it and I thought it was of good quality. Then, right before school started, I went to Whole Foods and decided to get everything in one trip so I got Barlean's Flax oil Ligan. This taste sooo good and the participate in it made it a deep brown, really rich color.
So two weeks ago when I went back home I went to GNC and picked up their flax oil as usual. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!! It's bright yellow, very fake in look and taste. Now that I know what good quality oil taste like I can't go back to this stuff.:perplexed

I will be going back to Barlean's ASAP and I higly recommend it :D

Arcadian

Barleans is a good brand but I personally can't stand the taste o fit:barf: I will get it if I cant get my favorite which is spectrum. I get the spectrum brand because there's no aftertaste, and to me, barleans does. (but then again I also don't like Udo's choice either)

They also have a lemon and a cinnamon one that tastes good (lil pricey tho)

-A

HoneyDew

bklynwildheart said:
What brands? Why is that type better?

I stand corrected. By BF just told me that cold presses is expeller pressed just in lower temps. He used the expellar pressed oils from our local health food store.

cutiebe2

egan26 said:
So, if your flax seed oil is yellow in color, that means it's not good?
The thing is, the bright yellow color looks very unnatural. With Barlean's (and probably other high-quality brands) they don't filter so much out, they try to keep everything as natural as possible, which gives the oil a brown color. BTW, this is similar to the color of flaxseeds.

Ms. Analeise

I see what you are saying, Cutie. The label on the kind I have says "Organic High Lignan Flax Oil Cold Compressed".

The Supplement Facts read:
Organic Flax Seed Oil 11000 mg
ALA/ Omega 3 6900 mg
LA/Omega 6 1770 mg
OA/Omega 9 1800 mg

Organic Flax Seed Particulate 2760 mg
(Yielding approx. 12 mg of actual lignans)

If you, Cutie, (or anyone) do not mind, how does this compare to Barleans or any other type of flax oil?

Thanks

cutiebe2

On the website it says that it contains 100% organic UNFILTERED 100% UNREFINED flax oil with about 2666 particulate