Getting a touchup on Saturday, need advice...

BrownBetty

Hello,

I am getting a touchup on Saturday (10 weeks post). I use mizani mild Lye, I plan on adding oil to the mixture, I've done it before so that is not a problem. Usually I relax, rinse the relaxer, shampoo, THEN condition when using mizani. I now want to relax, rinse, condition (protein), shampoo, then condition (moisture) again .

For the first conditioner I know it should be protein, I have keraphix and left over 5 n 1 affirm conditioner, which do you all think I should use? How long should I leave the conditioner in? When I used affirm the directions stated that the 5 n 1 should be left in for 5 minutes.

TIA!

MV

Hello,

I am getting a touchup on Saturday (10 weeks post). I use mizani mild Lye, I plan on adding oil to the mixture, I've done it before so that is not a problem. Usually I relax, rinse the relaxer, shampoo, THEN condition when using mizani. I now want to relax, rinse, condition (protein), shampoo, then condition (moisture) again .

For the first conditioner I know it should be protein, I have keraphix and left over 5 n 1 affirm conditioner, which do you all think I should use? How long should I leave the conditioner in? When I used affirm the directions stated that the 5 n 1 should be left in for 5 minutes.

TIA!

Sista slick has awesome instructions in the "word to the wise thread'. In the bolded this is what I do. You only need to leave the protein in for 5 min. Personally, my hair does not like the affirm 5 in 1. HTH.

Mizani Moisturfuse is designed to be used after rinsing the relaxer from your hair and prior to neutralizing. It has wheat protein in it and it is excellent for providing strength in addition to moisture. It can also be used for regular deep conditioning.

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies.

I am trying to use the products I already have. I have tried Moisturefuse in the past and my hair didn't like it.

I also have the elucence extended moisture, which has protein I wonder if that would work? Sista, where are you? Can someone point me to the post she wrote about this?

Thanks ladies!

MV

Hello,

TIA!

MV

i always leave in for 10 minutes

Back