??Generic Value Products...

Amina

Ok, I went to Sally BSS to pick me up some Leave in Conditioner. I remebered reading about Sebastian Potion 9 and seen that it was in the Generic Value Prodcuts (Black and White container). Have anyone used the Generic Value Products instead of the name brand products? Is there any difference? They compared the ingredients of the Generic Value to the original Sebatian product and it is exactly the same.

Angelicus

I use the generic brand of Infusium23. It's cheaper and feels just the same. I would like to try the generic version of Three Minute Miracle also.

Refrain from using the generic brand of Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum... it is an alcoholic mess :barf:

c_octavia

I've been using their version of Humectress for about 2 weeks. Its just as good as Nexxus, I think. and Alot cheaper. I bought three 20 oz bottles for less the one 13 oz. bottle of Nexxus!.

balisi

I have used quite a few of the Generic Value Products (including Sebastian Potion No. 9, Humectress and Aussie Three Minute Miracle) and find them to very comparable to the name brands.

Their version of Pual Mitchell, The Detangler, works pretty well too. As soon as I finish my liter size bottle of Nexxus Humectress, I will be replacing it with the Generic version.

bellydancer

I tried the generic Potion 9. I didn't like it at all! I never tried the Sebastian Potion 9 so I can't compare it. I have the generic Infusium 23 and I love it. I had the generic Nexxus Humectress and Therappe, but I can't compare them to the original because I never brought the real kind, but I wasn't impressed although the Humectress smells GOOD! I like it for conditioner washes.

carrie

thattvgirl said:
Their version of Pual Mitchell, The Detangler, works pretty well too. As soon as I finish my liter size bottle of Nexxus Humectress, I will be replacing it with the Generic version.
ditto. the Generic PM Detangler is the BOMB!

L

lkg4healthyhair

c_octavia said:
I've been using their version of Humectress for about 2 weeks. Its just as good as Nexxus, I think. and Alot cheaper. I bought three 20 oz bottles for less the one 13 oz. bottle of Nexxus!.

I have this too and its just the same as Humectress to me.

Babygurl

Ive used the Generic Humectress and Paul Mithell's The Conditioner and I think both are comparable to the original!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I have the generic Sebastian Po. #9. I like it but have never tried the real thing so I don't really ahve anything to compare it to. I would like to try the generic versions of the Paul Mitchell products (The Detangler, The Conditioner, The Cream).

jamiette

anky said:
I use the generic brand of Infusium23. It's cheaper and feels just the same. I would like to try the generic version of Three Minute Miracle also.

Refrain from using the generic brand of Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum... it is an alcoholic mess :barf:
I wish that I had seen this post yesterday, cause I just went and picked some up yesterday. Oh well let me find my reciept!!!

ajoyfuljoy

I bought the generic version of Sebastian's Potion #9 and it smells the same as the real one! I'll find out whether or not it works the same but the ingredients are the same so I don't see why it would be any different.

CokoQt

I have their generic version of the Paul Mitchell serum and I like it. I have not tried the name brand though to compare.

Soliel185

I have a few of them - I bought the joico repair, the paul mitchell super skinny serum, and the nexxus aloe rid. All of them work great, but I haven't tried to originals so I can't compare.

QT

IMO.... I loved the Nexxus knockoff brand condish, it was mositurizing.

It's like generic meds/ food they mimics the brand, so the consumer is able to reap the benefits of the name brand. All we are paying for it the pretty packaging. Plus I use condish like water :look: i need something that is cheaper pre se' :yep:.

Barbara

Princess
Does anyone know of any generic brands for KeraCare, Design Essentials, and Aveda products?:perplexed

I would like to try these products, but don't want to experience the "sticker shocker.":nono:

Last edited:

Mrs. Verde

The generic Humectress, the generic Paul Mitchell the Conditioner, the Paul Mitchell Detangler are all part of my staple. I use them all the time. Love them. Never tried the Sebastian No. 9 potion.

danigurl18

I have the generic version of Redken Anti-Snap and I love it!! I never tried the original so I can't compare...

vlucious

ive used the potion no 9 and i love it, its a little thick, so you might have to dilute it a bit. but i give it 5 out of 5

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Does anyone know of any generic brands for KeraCare, Design Essentials, and Aveda products?:perplexed

I would like to try these products, but don't want to experience the "sticker shocker.":nono:
Sally used to have an Aveda knockoff called Aura. I think they still have some products in the line.

ajoyfuljoy

I bought the generic version of Sebastian's Potion #9 and it smells the same as the real one! I'll find out whether or not it works the same but the ingredients are the same so I don't see why it would be any different.

I used it today and it is really similar to the real one! I like the way it smells and it's a keeper :yep: I'll definitely be trying more things from this line.

sydwrites

The Nexxus and Paul Mitchell knock-offs were very good. :grin: I didnt llike the joico recovery knock-off as much as the original :nono: and went back to it when it went on sale.

Neroli

Nexxus girl here for over 20 years waay before LHCF and IMO, the sally's knockoff of ALL nexxus products are great and I use them with similar success as the brand -- I literally cannot find difference in how my hair feels and behaves with the knockoffs. Don't know about the other brands tho . . .