Garlic shampoo v. Garlic supplement

ahamlet1

I am new and have a lot of shedding. I have seen post about the benefits of garlic. Which is better the shampoo or the supplement? Will you get the same results with a tpoical application as you would ingesting it?

From what I have read, you get really great results from the supplements if you are shedding. The shampoo/cond also helps with shedding and breakage but I think the most dramatic is ingesting.

I eat a lot of garlic already so I just use the poo and cond.

Hope that helps

I had two babies back to back and I'm doing the serious post partumn shedding. Not to mention my normal shedding cycle is going on at the same. I think I've lost at least 20% to 30% of my density. So I read on here about the garlic shampoos and conditoners and bought them. They really didn't work as I had hoped, so I bought garlic oil suppliments and squeezed the oil out of it's casing and used it as part of my pre-poo regimen massaging my scalp with it. It took a couple of weeks of doing this, but this morning I noticed that I had only maybe 10 shed hairs in my comb verses hundreds, I was so happy because this has really taken a toll my my spirit. If I were you, I'd get the supplements for a more concentrated effect..trust me it worked.

P.S. Thank you to all the LHCF women who suggested it, I'd probably be bald without you.

I'm taking the tablets that are supposedly made up of only the active ingredient in garlic vs tablets made of the whole garlic clove. I think it took 3 or 4 days for me to notice the shedding had slowed. I waited a full two weeks to say something because I wanted to make sure it wasn't just in my head.

I already put alot in my hair so adding shampoos and conditioners was not going to work for me. Plus being on the buy nothing challenges have helped save my pocket book. :grin:

I'm taking the tablets that are supposedly made up of only the active ingredient in garlic vs tablets made of the whole garlic clove. I think it took 3 or 4 days for me to notice the shedding had slowed. I waited a full two weeks to say something because I wanted to make sure it wasn't just in my head.

I already put alot in my hair so adding shampoos and conditioners was not going to work for me. Plus being on the buy nothing challenges have helped save my pocket book. :grin:

Belleama, what's the name of your garlic supplement?

I purchased spring valley odorless garlic 1000 mg. I will post updates. Thanks for the advice. This site is wonderful. I have learned so much in such a short time. The ladies here are wonderful.

Back