Frizzy ladies, beware of this serum...(pics inside)

NuMe2004

I went to the beauty supply store the other day looking for a straightening product that fights frizz. I was actually looking for something from the Lustrasilk line, but the sales rep (an Asian man) highly recommended that I purchase a 6 oz bottle of Fantasia IC Hair Polisher. It's a heat protector that claims to fight frizz. It cost more than I wanted to spend, but I got it anyway, and am kinda sorry that I did...

I used it as a heat protector before flat ironing my hair, and no more than an hour or so later, my hair frizzed up like never before! Below is a photo of my hair shortly after straightening it, and then again an hour or so later.

I'm not saying this is the worst product I've ever used, but I almost wish I had stuck to my cream based products.

You can check out my album for more pics/details. Happy product hunting!

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 157
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 184
how did you use the polisher? My stylist used only a pea sized amount on my hair AFTER heat styling and my hair was blinging and swinging. If you used a drop for every section that you attempted to straighten you used too much.

Ayeshia said:
how did you use the polisher? My stylist used only a pea sized amount on my hair AFTER heat styling and my hair was blinging and swinging. If you used a drop for every section that you attempted to straighten you used too much.

Well, all I can say is that I followed the directions as they appear on the back of the bottle: "Apply enough serum to achieve even coverage on towel dried hair. Comb through. Style."

NuMe2004 said:
I went to the beauty supply store the other day looking for a straightening product that fights frizz. I was actually looking for something from the Lustrasilk line, but the sales rep (an Asian man) highly recommended that I purchase a 6 oz bottle of Fantasia IC Hair Polisher. It's a heat protector that claims to fight frizz. It cost more than I wanted to spend, but I got it anyway, and am kinda sorry that I did...

I used it as a heat protector before flat ironing my hair, and no more than an hour or so later, my hair frizzed up like never before! Below is a photo of my hair shortly after straightening it, and then again an hour or so later.

I'm not saying this is the worst product I've ever used, but I almost wish I had stuck to my cream based products.

You can check out my album for more pics/details. Happy product hunting!

This happened to me also when I used the IC fantasia so ur not alone.
I did however use more than a pea size so like Ayeshia said that may have been the culprit in my case. Anyways I switched over to Chi Silk Iinfusion + Pantene anti-frizz and that's has work much better for flat ironing and taming my frizz. NuMe2004, what cream were you previously using for flat ironing?

NuMe2004 said:
Well, all I can say is that I followed the directions as they appear on the back of the bottle: "Apply enough serum to achieve even coverage on towel dried hair. Comb through. Style."

yeah I think personally the best way to get those frizz free results is not to use any product at all prior to straightening, or just a TAD drop of whatever you desire to use. If your hair is in really good condition I think it can survive a med temp flat iron and then apply the serum afterwards. it may not work for all but the best rollerset and flatirons Ive seen required zero to no products. A really hot iron with loads of product in the hair frazzles it.

Ayeshia said:
yeah I think personally the best way to get those frizz free results is not to use any product at all prior to straightening, or just a TAD drop of whatever you desire to use. If your hair is in really good condition I think it can survive a med temp flat iron and then apply the serum afterwards. it may not work for all but the best rollerset and flatirons Ive seen required zero to no products. A really hot iron with loads of product in the hair frazzles it.

Quick question what temperature range is considered medium temperature?

Which one did you use? The one in the pink bottle, blue bottle or clear and white bottle.

One of them, the one in the white/clear bottle, I got a sample of and it did nothing, just like what it did for you. But the one in the pink bottle is really good.

I have to use more than a pea sized amount though. My hair would crack up laughing at that!!!!

BioGeekChic said:
Quick question what temperature range is considered medium temperature?

to be honest I have no idea temperature wise...but to me it's hot enough to where it gets the hair straight, but the iron doesnt smoke or the hair smells burned after the fact. They say the tissue test is really helpful...if the iron instantly discolors the tissue, then it is too hot.

I thought I loved it (the pink bottle without the spray), but when I used it recently on dry hair to flat iron, my hair also frizzed and was DRY!!!! It was so rough to comb thru and I had a lot of breakage. I was so mad cuz it was for a special event.

It's GREAT for straightening with the flat iron and feels silky right after the iron goes thru it, but that only last so like 10 min tops. I was soo disappointed. :( Now I'm looking for a better one. I want the shine and silkiness too damnit! :mad:

ETA: I couldn't even wear my hair down the next day. It was dry as hay. I had even put rollers in it to keep the smoothness, but it wasn't happening. :nono:

HoneyDew said:
Which one did you use? The one in the pink bottle, blue bottle or clear and white bottle.

One of them, the one in the white/clear bottle, I got a sample of and it did nothing, just like what it did for you. But the one in the pink bottle is really good.

I have to use more than a pea sized amount though. My hair would crack up laughing at that!!!!
yeah me too :lol: when I saw how much the stylist used I wanted to say something, but sure enough I got that shine that I wanted. I have a lot of hair so I thought he was bugging.

secretdiamond said:
I thought I loved it (the pink bottle without the spray), but when I used it recently on dry hair to flat iron, my hair also frizzed and was DRY!!!! It was so rough to comb thru and I had a lot of breakage. I was so mad cuz it was for a special event.

It's GREAT for straightening with the flat iron and feels silky right after the iron goes thru it, but that only last so like 10 min tops. I was soo disappointed. :( Now I'm looking for a better one. I want the shine and silkiness too damnit! :mad:

ETA: I couldn't even wear my hair down the next day. It was dry as hay. I had even put rollers in it to keep the smoothness, but it wasn't happening. :nono:

Girl, it lasts for days for me. I recently started using it with CHI Silk Infusion. I pour the fantasia (pink bottle) in my hand and then pour about the same amount of the CHI Silk Infusion.

I have been doing it like this for about a month or so. I may be spoiled by this method. The 1st thing I noticed was that my hair was MUCH softer than when I use the Fantasia IC alone. I had to get used to it being that soft. :lol:

So it has been a little while since I used the fantasia alone. I just don't even remember having a problem with it.

I use the clear one when I'm flat ironing my weave and on my moms hair. I haven't had any problems with it. But I found it worked better as a protectant for blowdrying than for flat ironing. I usually just use it on wet hair to blow dry then flat iron and add a little bit for shine after I'm done flat ironing.

I had beautiful results with the pink polisher in the spray bottle, i havent tried the "creamy" one though. BUT in conjuction with the ic olive oil serum, it makes my hair look... its like an oily,dry,frizzy,flat look all t one time.

BioGeekChic said:
This happened to me also when I used the IC fantasia so ur not alone.
I did however use more than a pea size so like Ayeshia said that may have been the culprit in my case. Anyways I switched over to Chi Silk Iinfusion + Pantene anti-frizz and that's has work much better for flat ironing and taming my frizz. NuMe2004, what cream were you previously using for flat ironing?

Thanks for the product tip BioGeekChic! I just may try those.

To answer your question, I usually use ORS moisturizing hair lotion as a heat protectant, but I recently switched to this product called You Straight. It is a cream and works pretty well, except you really have to be careful and not use too much, or else your hair will look really greasy.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
The clear, green and blue are serums just to tame frizz but the pink one is a heat protectant.

You're right. Only the pink one is a heat protectant. They have an actual clear "frizz buster". I've used that one on weaves before. The regular clear one is just a hair polisher. The directions say to apply to dry hair after styling. Or to damp hair before styling. And to keep away from fire and flame. Maybe that's why this isn't working for flat ironing. I don't think it should be used for that.

I have that serum and I like it. Is it in a pink bottle? Could it possibly have been the humidity or something that frizzed you out?

I use the pink bottle when I flatiron...for maintenance of my pincurls I use the green bottle (olive oil moisturizer) and the blue bottle for color treated and chemically damaged hair....my hair is bouncy, shiny and frizz free all week long. :yep:

I've been using the one in the pink bottle for years and it does a great job with my frizz. Sorry it didn't work for you but everything is not for everyone.

Back