Frequent Wet Bunning

wofford16

Hello Ladies,

I am a natural and I like washing my hair every morning and wet bunning and at night I take my hair down to relieve the pressure on my head but lately I have noticed that my hair has a not so pleasant odor when I take my hair down at night.

I know my hair is clean because I wash it every morning and I switch out my hair bands and such but my hair still smells I guess like mildew, does anyone elst seem to have this issue and if so what has worked for you.

Yup. That's why I don't pull my hair up into anything unless its fully dry. When you remove your hair from your bun @ night, is it still wet? If so, your hair cannot dry fast enough in a bun the way others can. My hair is too thick & will not dry in a bun. It will remain wet for 6 days. smh

Yup. That's why I don't pull my hair up into anything unless its fully dry. When you remove your hair from your bun @ night, is it still wet? If so, your hair cannot dry fast enough in a bun the way others can. My hair is too thick & will not dry in a bun. It will remain wet for 6 days. smh

OMG YES!!! the only part of my hair that is dry is the top layer where the elements have been exposed but underneath soaking wet like I just stepped out of the shower. This is the main reason why I take my bun down every night and sleep with it wild and free to allow it time to dry but I guess that is not working either because it stinks :lol:

Hmm, maybe try super squeezing the excess water from your hair before you put it up? Or use a towel/cotton t-shirt to expedite the drying process? Sounds like you have some thick hair there missy! lol

Squeeze excess water from your wet bun by putting a cotton scarf on right out of the shower...you can always switch to a silky one to smooth after excess moisture is gone.

My hair is in a wet pony just about everyday but she is extremely fine and thin so by the time I finish drying myself off my hair is almost dry.

Hmm, maybe try super squeezing the excess water from your hair before you put it up? Or use a towel/cotton t-shirt to expedite the drying process? Sounds like you have some thick hair there missy! lol

I have tried this too, before I get out of the shower I squeeze for dear life and then I plop my hair in a T-Shirt while I finish getting dressed and then put my hair in my bun. Funny thing is my hair in fine and not thick but it must be very porous (sp?)

Squeeze excess water from your wet bun by putting a cotton scarf on right out of the shower...you can always switch to a silky one to smooth after excess moisture is gone.

My hair is in a wet pony just about everyday but she is extremely fine and thin so by the time I finish drying myself off my hair is almost dry.

I wish my hair would do that and I have fine hair as well.

Back