For my Scalp or my Hair?

My Friend

Are these the only things that will benefit my scalp?

Shampoo
Oil -Olive, Castor, and Coconut

I'm confused about what benefits the scalp and what benefits your retention efforts.

Conditioner (Rinse out and Leave in)
Deep Conditioners
Moisturizers
Sulpher 8
MT
MGT
Rosemary, Lavendar, Peppermint, etc
Other products that are mentioned on the board

I use castor, olive oil and coconut oil on my hair only. I think some people use the castor oil on their scalp to promote growth. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft and is great to strengten your hair.

You have to be very careful with peppermint, lavender and rosemary. If you use too much on your scalp it will actually be harmful.

Deep conditioners are for your hair only. MT and MGT smells like butt LOL but is supposed to be for your scalp and promote hair growth. I've used Megatek on my scalp to promote hair growth.

I agree with ^^^ shampoo is for the scalp and conditioning is for the hair. Oils I use for my hair (olive, coconut, jojoba) except avocado which I use on certain sections of my scalp to relieve itching. I only started using avocado oil on my scalp (stopped "greasing" my scalp a LONG time ago) because I read about its benefits:

Cold pressed avocado oil is a marvellous natural oil. It has the most rapid skin penetration of all the natural oils and is a natural sunscreen. It is used in both commercial and homemade preparations for skin care, hair care and bath products including soaps.

Containing high levels vitamin E and A, squarline and a natural antiseptic it rejuvenates and repairs, making the skin soft and supple. Free from additives and preservatives it can be safely used by everyone from babies to the elderly.

It can be used as a sun screen by those who have allergic reaction to commercial sunscreens. Avocado oil can also be used as a carrier oil base for massages. It will also relieve minor skin irritations and a dry scalp.

Also, when I co-wash, I don't apply the conditioner to my scalp - hair only. I hope this helps.

Back