Flat iron recommendation for DIY BKT?

aileendq

I had been using my MaxiGlide (set to 10) for my BKT treatment. It worked well enough, although I don't know that it went all the way t0 450 degrees.

However, I dropped the flippin' thing and now the plates keep sliding off mid-flat ironing (made for a lovely burn on my leg, btw).

So, I need a new flat iron, and as I have decided to cut down on my weekly heat usage, I probably won't get another Maxiglide.

BKTers, what flat iron are YOU using?

Thanks!

I am a BKT'er. My first flatiron was a Babyliss that goes to 450 degrees. i bought along with matching hair dryer from TJ Maxx for$24.99 a piece. Then last year I bought a Sedu Revolution, that also goes to 450 degrees too, from HSN, because I could break up the payments. Both worked equally well for me. HTH

I use a Tool Science Ionic Nano Silver that I got at Sally's...can't remember what I paid for it because it was on sale, and I was using a gift card, but it goes to 450, although I've been doing my BKT's at between 350 and 400 lately, just because 450 seems like soo much heat.

FHI Runway

Damn, you're SERIOUS about your haircare!!! ;)

I got a BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium whatsamahosit. I don't think I'll be cranking that sucker up to 450. Just half of that is scary HOT.

But it has extended plates, which allows me to put a wider piece of hair through. And it's thin enough that I can easily get my roots.

Now if I can only stay away from the thing except on BKT days, I'm set.

Back