Everytime i get a relaxer

Kayanna1212

Everytme i get a relaxer i never recvice moisture back to my hair it always seems so dry even if i DC and greese/greece my hair after it alwasy feel dry!! But its bouncy haha! i have to greese my hair 2 times a day when i get a relaxer for it to stay mostiured im thinking i have Extremly Dry Sclap Syndrome:lachen:(Just kidding)
But any ideas?
i use ORS Relaxer Extra Strength ive tried using kiddie perms but that doesnt help!! lol sometimes makes it worse any ideas anyone? :wallbash:

I've heard that Porosity Control might help with this.
Maybe you should use a regular strength relaxer. Not kiddie - just regular.

or maybe you should switch to a different brand, I've heard good things about Silk elements and Gentle Treatment.

What are you using to DC? Have you ever tried adding coconut oil or olive oil to your deep conditioning?

I use the organic root stimulator hair mayonise mixed with eggs.
Edit:
Most of the time when i use regular my hair never gets straight.

I actually put olive oil and/or sweet almond oil in my SE w/Shea Butter, and I use Roux Porosity Control after my DC when I relax. I also DC with NTM Recovery Mask. HTH.

(Even though I'm natural I've done a lot of research on relaxers just in case I ever decide to do one myself)

1. Try switching to a lye relaxer like Silk Elements, Mizani or Nairobi

2. You may need a better moisturizing DC or perhaps you may need to do a heavy protein treatment before you relax. (Your relaxed hair may be lack protein.. without protein your hair can;t hold moisture)

3. I agree with the other poster who said to try a porosity treatment in your hair.

4. Check your hair arsenal... do you have an overload of protein products? And not enough moisturizing products? You may need some type of treatment.

Your dc is a protein treatment. I say try a different dc and lose the grease, it will not help your moisture situation.

Is your hair dry or your scalp?

Your dc is a protein treatment. I say try a different dc and lose the grease, it will not help your moisture situation.

Is your hair dry or your scalp?

I agree with this. You should try a moisturizing DC and that should help. Also find a daily moisturizer and that should help with the dryness.

My scalp and i use Groganics hair lotion everyday and use to use ORS olive oil hair lotion mostriuzers.nothing works:(
And what is "LYE"

If you are relaxing with a no-lye relaxer, you may need to chelate your hair (with a chelating shampoo, do a search) to get off the mineral deposits.... that can help you get moisture back into your hair.

Roux Porosity Control conditioner works WONDERS! Use it when you're done with the neutralising stage, before you DC - apply generously, leave in for a minute (at most), rinse out and apply DC.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the results :)

My hair used to be like this when I used no-lye relaxers. I saw a difference when I started using lye relaxers. Also make sure to use a moisturizer.

Roux Porosity Control conditioner works WONDERS! Use it when you're done with the neutralising stage, before you DC - apply generously, leave in for a minute (at most), rinse out and apply DC.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the results :)

I agree with this and lose the grease...moisturize and seal..

And what is "LYE"

If you got your hair relaxed at a salon 99.9% chance they used a lye relaxer, sodium hydroxide base. Rule of thumb lye is harder on the scale and easier on the hair. Please look at some of SistaSlick's articles. I think you will get some help there.

I'm relaxed and the neutrogena triple moisture line helps! Plus lay off the mayo and eggs all you are doing is adding tons of protein which could make things worse. Also after I used the NTM Silk Leave in I "seal" with Africa's Best oil and my hair always feels nice and moisturized! Also another thing I suggest is condition only washes with NTM daily deep conditioner then adding the NTM silk touch leave in and putting your hair up in a bun and then putting a shower cap on top for a few hours or over night. That's the fastest way to get my dry strands feeling good again. But be careful too much moisture and your hair gets mushy and breaks.

Last edited:
u should DC with cholesterol the one wit mango and shea butter it smells great and it puts moisture back in to the hair and u should switch your moisterizer as well have u ever tried pink oil

u should DC with cholesterol the one wit mango and shea butter it smells great and it puts moisture back in to the hair and u should switch your moisterizer as well have u ever tried pink oil

Pink oil? You're not talking about Pink oil moisturizer are you? That stuff is horrible!

If you have hard water, you should definitely start chelating. A good and cheap chelating shampoo is ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. Leave the lather on for about 5 minutes before rinsing, so it can thoroughly penetrate the hair shaft. After that, do a quickie condition with Porosity Control Conditioner (can be found at Sally's)

After the Porosity Control, deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner Like Silk Elements Cholesterol, Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm, L'oreal Natures Therapy Moisture Treatment or Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. Deep condition for 45 minutes under the dryer. Make sure you always use a moisturizing leave in after washing your hair. Moisturize every day.

The ORS Mayo w/an egg is a protein DC. Maybe you should try a moisturizing DC such as ORS Replenishing Pak w/ added EVOO.

Also, what type of shampoo are you using?

And that grease is a no no. You shouldn't grease your hair. Try a water based moisturizer like ORS Olive Oil for example.

Maybe you should try a regular strength relaxer. I know you said it hasn't worked in the past, but try switching from whichever brand you used that hasn't worked.

Also, are you using a moisturizing leave-in conditioner?

This actually sounds like a really simple problem to me. Do you use a leave-in moisturizer before drying/ styling your hair?

BTW: If greasing works for you, don't change it. There are many greasers on LHCF that just don't say anything about it to avoid drama. I do agree that grease doesn't really "moisturize," but there's not that big of a difference between oils and grease. (I guess ppl don't like grease b/c it tends to have petroleum jelly or mineral oil, but not everyone has a problem with these two ingredients.)

You may consider using a different type of moisturizer. Although it's marketed as a detangler, the Kids Organic Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion is a great moisturizer (and it's good for detangling if you decide to stretch your relaxer). Seal it with castor oil or even a little bit of grease and you should retain more moisture.

The other ladies were on point, as usual, about chelating and laying off the protein as well.

Back