end of the year length check/comparison SL-->BSL

iri9109

its not really the end of the year yet technically, but its possibly the last time im gonna straighten my hair this year so ill just say it is lol..plus my subscription is gonna be over by the end of the year and i probably wont renew for a while :look:

i decided on a whim to flatiron my hair...blew it out with aussie hair insurance heat spray and nubian heritage heat protectant spray...flatironed with my sedu and crisco and some heat protectant from beyond the zone...i think its called turn up the heat...whole process from rinsing out my DC to finish was about 1.5 hrs...i need a trim horribly...i cut about an inch a couple months ago, but my hair is just really prone to knots and splits

last couple pics were taken after my hair was snowed on and ish lol i forgot about lhcf, although some of the process was instagrammed lol

i straightened my hair in january this year, and im actually surprised by my growth/retention...its crazy b/c in the beginning of the year i was at sl fiending for APL which took a majority of the year to get to,and now im finally brastrap...

JAN 2012

i'm toying around with wearing my hair straight for a while, but then again im afraid of damage & i plan on starting up a workout reggie and i know my hair will sweat out quick...i actually found a twistout method that has been giving me consistent perfect hair for basically the whole week, but straight hair is really manageable and its a different look, and i know my SO prefers it...so idk...i plan on keeping it in a bun or pony 99% of the time anyways...we'll see

Fab79

Wow great progress your hair is lovely and thick as well, enjoy it you've worked hard for it

Sent from outer space

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
sorry you won't be renewing...... :( nice job though! your progress is amazing. what was your regimen this year?

i have wanted to try crisco for flat ironing ever since i saw empressri do a video on it.

you sound like me....my hair reverts fast too. how did your hair hold up with the crisco?

iri9109

Your hair sure did grow alot. But why do you flat iron with Crisco? :^/

Lol I saw it on the board and people had good results so I tried it in January and my hair was the straightest/sleekest it's ever been and it lasted a long time so now I swear by it if I'm flat ironing my hair

iri9109

sorry you won't be renewing...... :( nice job though! your progress is amazing. what was your regimen this year?

i have wanted to try crisco for flat ironing ever since i saw empressri do a video on it.

you sound like me....my hair reverts fast too. how did your hair hold up with the crisco?
Ill probably be back eventually lol... but last time I straightened my hair with Crisco it lasted well over a week probably closer to 2 & it withstood rain/snow , sweat & a lot of other trauma lol

My Reggie varied this year but mostly wash & gos, twistouts & buns sometimes....no real product loyalty (but i like sheamoisture/nubian heritage & HE conditioners for cowashing/detangling...hands down my fave conditioner in the world is AG re:coil..i use it as a leavein/styler/refresher but its $50 a bottle and idk when ulta is gonna have a $15 sale again so i try to preserve it lol ) but the past few weeks I've been cowashing and then throwing 6 twists in with Giovanni direct and garnier super stiff gel...I slacked on my DC game alot, but I'm gonna get back on it...1st half of the year I used henna regularly but I haven't used it since the summer bc of time and bc I don't really have a place to rinse it out and I'm scared of staining my tub lol... I think the henna helped alot with retention bc it made my hair sooo strong.. since I haven't been using henna I've been trying to incorporate protein more often.. I typically wash every 7-10 days, or cowash every 5 days

Last edited:

empressri

criscoooo! i love that stuff. i want to flat iron but...im trying to wait till my birthday

Angelicus

WHOA your hair grows fast! BTW I love me some Crisco. People used to make fun of me but I got a full head of hair and they are bald, lol!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
congrats on your progress!!
crisco also has a special place in my hair's heart. :lol: