Does your hair now break less?

vtoodler

Does your hair break less ever since you went natural?

Did you find that not using relaxers helped your hair grow? And do you think those with relaxed hair deal with more split ends and breakage than those with pressed hair?

My hair breaks waaayyyy less than when I was relaxed. I probably could say I get no breakage....

I can't speak for everyone else with relaxers though because some people are able to grow their hair out with relaxers too, there is a lot of proof on this site. They don't work for me though, that is all I know...

WAY less. My natural hair is 100x stronger than my relaxed hair so no matter how well I took care of my relaxed hair, it would break off at the demarcation line.

way less, esp since I went natural and even less s since I pretty much eliminated heat down to 1x every 2/3 months.

ETA: I now am of the opinion that relaxers just did not suit my thin/ fine hair. They just seemed to take all the life out of them.

Yes. When I was relaxed and heat frying my hair, hair would be all over the floor and my back whenever a comb touched it.

To answer your other questions, I didn't pay attention to my hair like I do now so I can't say for sure whether or not I got more split ends back then or now that I'm natural. I notice split ends more so now because I pay attention to my hair. Also, I don't think not getting relaxers made my hair grow any faster. Hair grows. It's mostly a matter of retaining length you obtain

Last edited:
My hair has dramatically stopped breaking. When I was relaxed my hair would break off constantly to the point that I thought it was normal. Since my DC last month, I can literally count how many strands I get. Yesterday I had about six hairs that broke/shed. I couldn't be happier.

My natural hair breaks way less now and is much thicker too. It thrived as soon as I stopped with the relaxer. I only relaxed about 3-4 times a year when I did, but it still weakened my hair substantially.

I have no idea how much other women's relaxed hair breaks compared to my own. But my flat ironed hair didn't break at all that I could notice. It comes out as straight as my relaxed hair would've but much longer, thicker and stronger.

Back