Do you still wear wigs in the summer?

FrazzledFraggle

For those that are doing wig challenges or using wigs to give your hair a break...do you still wear them in the summer and if so...where do you live. It's April and starting to warm up in the South. I maybe could have got away with this on the central coast of cali but I cannot see wearing a wig in this heat. I'm going to need another go to style other than bunning for the summer...I think. Does it make you over heat? :look:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I live in Miami and I swear the only season we get is Summer. LOL.
I rock my wigs everyday, even in the heat. I simply wear a bob wig when it's hotter than normal. That way my neck won't sweat because I have too much hair on my head. :)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Me! :wave: I live in OK, and also went on vacation to AZ in the summer while wearing my wig. :yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I keep my Spritzes in the Fridge and do a little Spritz in the a.m. before I put it on & leave for work.

In AC most of the day so it's fine.

cutiebe2

yes. I do 2 months in braids and i month in wig all though the year so I'm in a wig right now and I will be again in july...

as long as the wig is not that long, its not that bad...

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I have worn them in the summer but I don't like to. I was hot yesterday in 60 degree weather. I went to the lounge and took my half wig off, and removed the satin scarf I wear under it and put it back on. I felt better. But I can see that I'm not gonna do wigs this summer.....I

felic1

I started wearing wigs last summer is august after the traction alopecia event. I am trying the Lady Paniolo hair care practice so I will be in a wig this year. I have on a neck length bon, but may get a shorter one for the true heat.:lol:

bellebebe

Wig queen here, and yep! I wear them in the summer as well as winter when my hair is not weaved up. :) I'm able to do that because I snatch it off as soon as i get home.

Fhrizzball

There are some wigs with mesh caps you can try to help cool you off. But I figured shorter wigs would be best in the summer.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Yes-and I live in Texas.
Summer here is a beast.

I usually up my cowashing and wear lighter wigs

BayAreaDream

In California here... I wear my wigs year round. They do get hot in the summer though.. I just snatch them off as soon as I get home.

naturalmanenyc

I'm probably going to wear a short wig this summer. It will be human hair and made with a mesh cap. I just need to get someone to make it or make it myself.

I've been wearing my hair out way too much and recently did a big trim. I'd like to get my length back by the end of the year so I need to put my hair away.

ezina

I'm currently in a wig and I plan to for all or most of the summer. It's human hair and BSL, and I keep it in a ponytail which allows my neck to breathe so it's not that hot. I think hair type makes a huge difference. Synthetic hair will make me sweat no matter the weather.

Babygrowth

Nope! I cannot do it. My head gets itchy and hot and then I look all types of crazy! I can do weaves and braids but can't do wigs!!!

mrs.reese

Yes I do. I have worn wigs for 5 years straight. Have grown to waist length with them. I plan to wear one every day until I am hip length. Then I will still wear them occasionally. And I live in Charleston SC!!!

Renewed1

I live in Chicago. Where it's HUMID and HOT most summers. I wear a short, full cap wig in a bob.

I will have to admit though, in the summer, I don't wear wig caps in the summer. I usually moisturize and oil my hair. But I wore silk lace wigs in the summer.

ETA: Look into full lace wigs. I wore those for a long time in Colorado and my scalp felt good.

Last edited: