Do roller wraps work for everyone?

kking7777

Okay I would like to go to a stylist that can roller set my hair and then wrap it. I realize this is the healthiest option for your hair... but I am unsure if it will come out straight. Have any of you ladies ever gone to a stylist for a doobie wrap and it came out like James brown? My hair is somewhat underprocessed so I am very nervous about the results...

please advise :)

Mine previous stylist used to do a variation of this. After my set she would start brushing my hair into a wrap and then took it down and would blow dry it out straight.

A while back when I did my hair on my own I would set it and then wrap it and get back under the dryer. All I know is that my hair would come out straight but full of body. So if your asking if the process works, yes it does.

kking7777 said:
Okay I would like to go to a stylist that can roller set my hair and then wrap it. I realize this is the healthiest option for your hair... but I am unsure if it will come out straight. Have any of you ladies ever gone to a stylist for a doobie wrap and it came out like James brown? My hair is somewhat underprocessed so I am very nervous about the results...

I usually find that when I get a fresh rollerset and wrap, my hair often comes out looking "like James Brown" as you put it, :lol: . I prefer my hair big, though, so I don't mind that fullness. My hair is also thick, so my hair has trouble laying flat regardless of what I do to it.

It takes a couple of days for my hair to lay completely flat though. When you get home you may wanna put some extra product in it and rewrap to get it to lay more flat.

See I like my hair as straight as possible.. maybe the roller wrap is not for me but the other version of this would be a roller flat iron :)

kking7777 said:
See I like my hair as straight as possible.. maybe the roller wrap is not for me but the other version of this would be a roller flat iron :)
I can get my hair straight by roller wrapping. If you like your hair as straight as possible, then a roller wrap probably isn't for you. Flat ironing would get the hair even straighter.

kking7777 said:

My hair has looked a little James Brown in the past due to over and under processed hair. My current stylist uses a good leave-in and really smoothes the hair on the roller to straigten it out. It comes out nice and full. Also, the longer you keep it wrapped, the more the curls loosen up and flatten out.

Back