Do BUTTERS Moisturize?

charmtreese

….I ask this because my hair LOVES moisturizers that have water and butter as the main ingredients as oppose to water and oil. Water and oil moisturizers tend to leave my hair dry and greasy.

My primary moisturizer is Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Cream (which is water and butter based) however, last night after I washed and rollerset my hair I applied Jane Carter nourish and shine (which is just Butters, Vits, & EO’s), and this morning my hair feels sooo moisturized.

My question is:

Can butters alone, be used as moisturizers? :ohwell:

Butters are considered oils as well. The same rule applies. You apply moisturizer then seal with oils or butters.

I only use butter. I cowash with nourish spa conditioner and then i apply hemp seed butter to my hair. my hair always feels properly mositurized with only the hemp seed buttter.

I was resaerching this after using ghee because it left my hair feeling very moisturized also....

I read that some (dont know if all) oils and butters have triglycerides in them.---which are fatty acids chained with glycerin (or sum like that lol).

I dont know if the glycerin helps with moisturizing, but i read that a triglyceride (so i guess butters) is deffinatly a lubricant, not a moisturizer, but that it leaves the hair feeling SOFT.

Im thinking that the thicker the substance with triglcerieds, the more soft it leaves your hair (just a guess though) because no liquid oil has ever left my hair really soft, coconut oil kind of does---but its easily turned back into a liquid, but butters do an excellent job, and they take longer to melt. IDK though.

I only use butter. I cowash with nourish spa conditioner and then i apply hemp seed butter to my hair. my hair always feels properly mositurized with only the hemp seed buttter.

Well i dont know if they do moisturize, but if they dont, their probally such a good sealent that you dont need to moisturize

Back