Do any of you ladies know how to dilute soap bars and make it liquid shampoo?

Blue_Berry

I gotten some nice natural soap bars. I want to make them into a liquid poo. Does anyone know how-to make it into shampoo or know some good recipes?

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

I would think you'd be able to grate them down with a grater, place them in an applicator bottle and add some distilled or purified water to that. At least that's what the mad scientist in me would do. I'd even add a couple of drops of essential oils to the concoction.

I'd be interested to hear what others would do...

vkb247

Ms Coco that's exactly what I have read to do online. Just add water. I tried it before but put chunks of black soap in water inside a container. It eventually turned to liquid but it took days and a lot of shaking.

When I read that you could do this and thought about it a little I stopped buying any liquid soaps. They are just bar soaps plus water (and sometimes some shimmer and color)!

what about melting the soap? all soap is in a liquid state before it is cooled and solidifies, maybe melt it down and add a significant amount of water and mix it. or whip it together to make it super thick.

beans4reezy

I will be getting braids soon, but I just ordered a poo bar and I would still like to use it while in braids. This is really good to know.

lollyoo

I have tried this in the past although not as good as pure liquid soap which is made from potassium hydroxide, since solid soap is made from sodium hydroxide, I think it works better solid.

I grated soap and added water and heat in a stainless steel pot until it melts, make sure it is quite diluted i think it's like ratio of 3:1 (not sure exactly). It thickens as it cools.

It works better with black soap because it burnt Ash used is predominatly potassium hydroxide, the high content of solid butter in black soap is actually while it is solid, hence the reason it melts very fast. By enlarge black soap will be a liquid soap if not for the high content of solid butter (in most cases shea butter).

HTH