Discouraged Relaxed 4A, Thinking of using ELECTRIC HOT COMB!1

Shinka

I have 4a hair with I think 4b in the middle. At first I couldn't stretch, I think mostly due to length and I lasted to the 6th week. From jan to mid march, I stretched my hair for about 10 weeks. My friend was scurl and cw washes. I would shampoo or cond. wash my hair, gently squeeeze excess water and follow with s-curl and some motions lotions into a ponytail. Then i do the baggie method and cover with a fake bun or pony tail.
I love scurl. I use it for my bantu knotss. Also motions conditioner helps detangles my hair.

what you need...
a great conditioner ( one that detangles)
s-curl or care free curl to loosen and mositurize new growth.

if your looking for a straight style. still do the above, but just put your hair in a ponytail and let it airdry. It will dry smooth and the ends may be a little curly. Once dried, curl hair with a medium heat to low curling iron to straighten. ( first press curling iron through small secton straight through, then press again this time curling hair.) This is cathy howse method.

hope this helps

kizzylonghair

Ladies,

Thank you so much for all your Kind words and Encouragement and great advice. But I have made a decision to RELAX it next week I will be 8 weeks.
I am sorry I feel like I have let myself, and you guys down :cry: but I just can’t take it. I did go to 11 weeks before it was sheer HELL
From when I relax it up to 7 weeks I have no breakage, but now I am experiencing more and more as the days go by. It’s kind of defeating the object of growing my hair when I am letting it break unnecessary. I must remind my self that 6 months ago my hair would break ALL THE TIME. I must be able to retain length if I relax every 8 weeks now instead of 6 weeks, as it won’t be breaking.
Although I do feel that I don’t really have that much roots all over my head, Just in the middle. OVER PROCESSING HERE I COME, But if I keep looking after like you guys have taught me it should still thrive.
I will continue to use my regime and continue to be a Product Junkie- Thanks to you guys I have Beauty Salon in my bathroom. I tried so much through trial and error what my hair likes and doesn’t and it doesn’t like Relaxer stretching pass 8 weeks.

I will post some Progress Pictures for you all next week

Thank You

Kizzy

P.S Bring on the Mane and Tail Horse Conditioner Challenge, I cant wait to try it !!!

Ladylynn

8 weeks isn't that bad kizzy, especially for 4a/b type hair. I have mostly 4b hair and I only go to 8 weeks. What has worked for me is air drying my roller sets. Also, when I get to the 6,7,and 8 week mark, I'll flat iron the new growth only. I would recommend flat ironing more so than using the comb. The flat iron glides on the top of the hair where as the comb has to go through the new growth first before it can get straight. You may want to invest in a flat iron for the sole purpose of using it only on the roots. I bought a jilbere ceramic 1/2 inch flat iron from sally's for like $40.00. It is quite the life saver.

kizzylonghair

Ladylynn said:
8 weeks isn't that bad kizzy, especially for 4a/b type hair. I have mostly 4b hair and I only go to 8 weeks. What has worked for me is air drying my roller sets. Also, when I get to the 6,7,and 8 week mark, I'll flat iron the new growth only. I would recommend flat ironing more so than using the comb. The flat iron glides on the top of the hair where as the comb has to go through the new growth first before it can get straight. You may want to invest in a flat iron for the sole purpose of using it only on the roots. I bought a jilbere ceramic 1/2 inch flat iron from sally's for like $40.00. It is quite the life saver.

Thanks,

I do have some flat irons the get really hot 200 degree’s. I haven’t used them for about 4 months. They would sail through the new growth, but when I relax my hair up to week 7 I don’t have to use any direct heat to get it straight. So not only will I be stretching and breaking, I will using direct heat too :nono:

I am glad to hear that you only get to 8 weeks, Do you think your suffers because of this? Do you have any problems retaining length.
Please could you tell me all about how your hair behaves?

Kizzy

Ladylynn

My hair is very kinky when my new growth sets in, and very thick. Since I mainly air dry in roller sets, I'm able to pull the new growth pretty taunt. However, some times I can't get the new growth entirely straight. So I get out my trusty ole flat iron and my beyond the zone heat protectant and flat iron the new growth lightly on a low setting of about 5-7. This is the only time direct heat touches my hair. I don't even sit under the dryer when I'm doing my sets. Remember, using heat isn't the cause of damaged hair, it's how you use the heat and how often. Just touching up your new growth when you have just freshly washed your hair shouldn't hurt it any. Just use the heat on a lower setting and only when you have just washed your hair. Believe me, sometimes I feel as if I have the worse hair texture in the world. Don't worry, you are not the only one going through this. And no, I don't have any ill effects from relaxing every 8 weeks.

kizzylonghair

Ladylynn said:
My hair is very kinky when my new growth sets in, and very thick. Since I mainly air dry in roller sets, I'm able to pull the new growth pretty taunt. However, some times I can't get the new growth entirely straight. So I get out my trusty ole flat iron and my beyond the zone heat protectant and flat iron the new growth lightly on a low setting of about 5-7. This is the only time direct heat touches my hair. I don't even sit under the dryer when I'm doing my sets. Remember, using heat isn't the cause of damaged hair, it's how you use the heat and how often. Just touching up your new growth when you have just freshly washed your hair shouldn't hurt it any. Just use the heat on a lower setting and only when you have just washed your hair. Believe me, sometimes I feel as if I have the worse hair texture in the world. Don't worry, you are not the only one going through this. And no, I don't have any ill effects from relaxing every 8 weeks.

You are right about the use of heat, I do sit underneath the dryer when I roller set this helps to new new-growth keep into shape. That’s properly why I don’t have to flat iron. I am so glad you don’t have any ill effects from relaxing every 8 weeks that make me feel a lot better.

What relaxer do you use? How long is your hair?

baglady215

Girl, you ain't letting nobody down! It's your hair, and you have to do what's best for YOU. Yes, some ladies can stretch 12, 16, even 20+ weeks without any problems. I tried and I had crazy breakage, even with SCurl and everything. For me, it starts getting ugly at 4 weeks. Ugly, but manageable. But by 8 weeks, HECK NO.

Just don't feel bad. :kiss: I don't see why your hair would suffer from relaxing at 8 weeks. I haven't seen any difference. If anything, my hair is healthier because I'm minimizing the stress caused by the different textures. Good luck. :)

kizzylonghair

baglady215 said:
Girl, you ain't letting nobody down! It's your hair, and you have to do what's best for YOU. Yes, some ladies can stretch 12, 16, even 20+ weeks without any problems. I tried and I had crazy breakage, even with SCurl and everything. For me, it starts getting ugly at 4 weeks. Ugly, but manageable. But by 8 weeks, HECK NO.

Just don't feel bad. :kiss: I don't see why your hair would suffer from relaxing at 8 weeks. I haven't seen any difference. If anything, my hair is healthier because I'm minimizing the stress caused by the different textures. Good luck. :)

Thanks Baglady,

It good to know that I am no alone :kiss:. Maybe I just have to come to terms with the fact my hair doent strectch. But when you hear others that can manage and benefit it make me feel kinda low.

I see your on the Horse Growth Challenge, Giddy Up Girl. maybe this is the secret we are waiting for