Did Conditioning Change My Hair Color?

Maksi

Ladies, please share your experience and wisdom. My hair heat damaged. It had become lighter on the ends, a reddish or rust color. But I have noticed that since I've been doing protien trreatments and dc treatments, plus laying off the heat for the past three weeks, my hair has gotten darker. I don't notice as drastic a color difference between the roots and the ends where the damage occured. Is this possible? Has anyone else experienced this?

*Muffin*

I know that when my hair is dry and damaged the color appears duller and less vibrant, but when it's well conditioned it appears more vibrant and the darkness of it is more noticeable.

Maksi

Ok, so it is possible. I was hoping that it wasn't just wishful thinking. I really hated looking at my hair in the sunlight and seeing those bright reddish ends. With conditioning I don't see it anymore. That's encouraging.

ART11

My hair is lighter when it is extremely dry. I noticed when I come from the salon it is always darker and shinier. Think of it like ashy legs - they LOOK lighter but with proper moisture, etc... you get the picture. It is encouraging :)