Did anyone here start with...

butterfly, it's STILL in layers. they're just not as obvious anymore because the shorter parts kind of blend in with the rest. i think the layers make it look fuller.
smile.gif

lisaG, i'm glad we will get to experience the journey with you!!
2138.gif

That's about where I am now too. (I have braids) I started with about 1.5 to 2 inches of hair as well. I appreciate all of your responses. It's going to make this hair journey run a lot smoother now knowing that you guys are right there with me!

Well, since I've been on the board my hair has been at least shoulder length. But, I have been growing my hair out since Feb. 2000, when I cut off my shoulder length hair to go natural. I have been on several hair care boards/groups since then. I started off at the Black Hair Super Grow Out (BHSGO) yahoo club, and I used to frequent the BHC (Black Hair Care) board before it was shut down.

I started with a chin length bob in like January. I really didn't get into until February and now my hair is starting to creep down my neck. I know I can grow out my hair, I have done it before. It is in my genes. My mom has bra strap length natural hair and my aunt has waist length relaxed hair. I can do it with a lot of time and patience.

I was here before and reached my then first goal of shoulder length. Then in September, I cut all of my hair off to a natural TWA. Now my hair is growing out in layers....The longest about 4 inches...the shortest is an inch....So as of yesterday, I am back restarting my growing again!!
smile.gif

Great thread!
clap.gif
I had been worndering the same thing. I started off here with about 2.5 to 3 inches. I think it may have grown an inch or so since then. ...Slowly but surely!

I too cut my hair off, all off, like ceasar short, I have had major setbacks with trying every color in the book on top of the glue in weaves, Yuck!! ever since finding this board I have decided to let my hair grow out, for the very first time... and my hair is sure thriviing!! it's growing out in layers but it feels good for the wind to toss my hair, it is about 6 inches in some areas 5 in.. I will post some pictures as soon as I csn, just bought a camera...

after my latest perm, my hair is just reaching the base of my neck in the back and abot 2 inches above my shoulders on the sides.

As you can see from my status box over there, I had no hair when I started. That was October of 2001. Now my natural -- not relaxed, natural -- hair is crawling down my neck when wet.

Moisture and supplements. That is the key!!
drunk.gif

I'm new to this board but I am a member of another hair board and when I started out over there (Sept. 2002), my hair was very damaged, underprocessed, uneven...you name it. I finally chopped it off to about earlength. I have a hair journal that you all can view that explains it better. BTW, this is a great board! I should have joined this board months ago!
smile.gif

Please come see my new photos on PhotoIsland.com!

To get there, simply click the address below and enter your guest password: hair

http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/GuestLogin?USERNAME=spicee1t

If that doesn't work, go to www.photoisland.com, and log in to my albums with the following information:

Log-in ID: spicee1t
Guest Password: hair
<font color="purple"> </font>

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hi Spicee
I tried to access your album but the password does not work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
confused.gif
Photoisland is trying to make me register to look at your pics.

I started with 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch and now my hair is 6 to 9 inches which is shoulder length on me

CICI

I started with 4 inches layered back in april 2003..and now I'm striving for bra-strap length,I have about 3 more inches to grow until I reach that goal.
-thanks for bumping, this is a good thread

I started with chin length hair and after a major set back and one cut I am just below chin length. This year I plan on seeing some major growth.

I started in dec 2003 with hair right at the bottom of my neck, I was about bra strap length before that, but it was very damaged due to LOTS of heat, and color damage.
Now in Jan 2004 my hair is almost bra strap length again, after 2-3 trims....I am in need of another, from more color damage, but hopefully by April, I will be at a healthy bra-strap length, and on my way to WAIST LENGTH!!!!!!

So what have you done differently to grow your hair out that fast since joining hair boards? Moisturizing, supplements? What else? Also, what about the people who have never had longer lengths of hair before? What did you do? I know that some people have what I call the "hair gene" in their family but what about the ones that don't? Have you all seen results of growing your hair?

I doubt that I have a hair growth gene because I remember hitting a wall before and was not noticing any growth as the months passed. Once I became determined to grow my hair I religiously wore my hair in a bun with curl activator on the ends and deep conditioned weekly. I did this for the most of last winter and spring. Doing this made a big difference in retaining length.

This time a year ago, I had an inch, or less, of hair and the krunkest TWA this side of the Pacific. Fast forward 12 months and now it's between 6-7 inches. This time next year, if things go as planned, I should be reaching my goal of bra clasp!
clap.gif

I came here with about 2 to 3 inches (scalp to ends) hair in june. I about shoulder length now and trying to get to bra strap.

When I first joined this board, my hair was earlength. I had cut my hair short like Halle Berry's signature do back in April 2002.

My hair right now is 4 inches away from the bottom of my braclasp, and a little more than 2 inches from the top of my braclasp. I have been growing out my hair for almost two years now.

I love this thread, it's someting I've always wondered myself! My hair is about 6 inches and I've never had it much longer, so my goal is to get ALL of it to shoulder length. Being on LHCF has inspired me so much, that now I'm really starting to believe that my hair CAN grow!! Thanks so much to everyone for your support!!!

I will keep everyone updated and maybe when start seeing some results I will post some pics.

I want to hear more success stories! Bump, bump!!!

Back