Cut my hair now it is growing like crazy!!!

avyance

I cut my hair from about APL to ear length. Now it is growing like crazy. My scalp is itching and sore because it is growing soo much. Anyone ever experienced this?

I also think that I like Kenra more than Keracare, anyone else notice that another product may work better than keracare. Just wondering.....

In the meantime, also, has anyone noticed that after a haircut there hair started growing more?

Hello!

This is just my opinion but a haircut doesn't stimulate your scalp to push more protein through your scalp. Do you know what I mean? Your hair is dead, so it doesn't say "Oh, we got cut, let's grow more" However :), you may notice that you're retaining more length now, because probably your hair isn't splitting up the shaft and breaking off at the ends.

Use what works best for you (be it Kenra/Keracare), some ladies find that what works for most may not really work for them.. More power to you for finding out what works!!!

Eiano said:
Hello!

This is just my opinion but a haircut doesn't stimulate your scalp to push more protein through your scalp. Do you know what I mean? Your hair is dead, so it doesn't say "Oh, we got cut, let's grow more" However :), you may notice that you're retaining more length now, because probably your hair isn't splitting up the shaft and breaking off at the ends.

Use what works best for you (be it Kenra/Keracare), some ladies find that what works for most may not really work for them.. More power to you for finding out what works!!!

Some may beg to differ with you on this one. :p The jury is still out for me.

*Bre~Bre* said:
Some may beg to differ with you on this one. :p The jury is still out for me.

Really? I thought it was kind of obvious.... cause otherwise, back in '97 when I was cutting my hair every 4 weeks like my stylist said, I'd have had hair down to my thigh. :look:

when i used to get my hair cut more often i used to see a differance in growth- dont know what the explaination is... i jus' remember it seemed to grow alil' faster.

x

Eiano said:
Hello!

I agree, cutting doesn't stimulate hair growth, but you will now retain hair growth since all of the damaged ends are gone.

Eiano said:
Hello!

I also agree with this statement. To the OP cograts on the growth you have been getting!

Eiano said:
Hello!

ita - i dust reqularly and i do not think that contributes to growth. my ends are healthier, therefore i'm retaining more hairs.

Back