Curling short hair

chelleypie810

Is there any way to curl my short hair especially my ear length layers without looking like a mushroom head. I love posh's wavy hair bob but my front layers are too short and i dun wanna look like a tard.

TIA

Attachments

• short-wavy.jpg
    short-wavy.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 12
seems like we have the same problem.. The front and sides of my hair is much shorter than the back. the sides are about ear-length and the back is full neck-length, so it makes it hard for me to wear it down or curl it without looking like a grandma!!

Wish I knew of some cute curly styles I could do too..

ugh it ssuuucccckkss! i'm so mad the lady cut my hair like this. its absolutely frustrating since i was all one length before and this style may have been achievable.

I need ideas too. My hair is so... thick that it's very easy to look like a mushroom. Hopefully someone will come to the rescue.

The best I could do is in my album 11/09 - 12/09 (see for pics). I am NL in the back and just past EL on the sides and top. That's the way my hair grew out from my short hair cut and I refuse to cut it and even it out until it starts to get chin length in the front.

you could try using flexi-rods, & just setting them on the ends.

glad i saw this thread. my hair's shorter as well, & i found out the hard way that curling my hair the way i used to (with my flat iron) when i was APL really isn't gonna cut it anymore, lol!

i'm also on the market for a curling iron with a tiny barrel, .5" or smaller. i think that'll help.

I used my 1/2 in flat iron and curled like i normally would using it. and then just pinned them up and slipped on a bonnet to sleep in. my best pics are very blurry because its on my macbook. sorry.
Photoon2010-12-29at1859.jpg

Photoon2010-12-29at1724.jpg

Photoon2010-12-29at18592.jpg

Yea and it comes out something kind of awful, it just looks a frizzy mess.

this pic is the day after i curled. sorry guys ive been taking pics of macbook and cell phone cuz my camera attachment is gone and i have to buy another one.

Attachments

• 1230091557.jpg
    1230091557.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 9
nice cut. i'd use a small curling iron 1 inch or smaller and you could def get the sjp look, do spirals maybe leave 1/2 and inch out at the ends, finger comb the curls and it should look similar with waves.

that doesn't look bad.
when you moisturize are you sealing w/ either coconut oil, a smoothing serum, or any serum? That's what's going to keep the hair smooth shiny and control the frizz. I live in FL and the humidity is a b....
It's all about the product and the technique, you might have to keep at it until you figure out the right formula for your hair. good luck! :)

i use smoothing serum, yep and the more I do it i think the better i'll get. and i just bunch up curls and pin them at night because the whole pincurl thing wasn't something i was loving too much.

You could also try bantu knot outs on dry hair. The give a nice wavy/ curly look sans heat and you can easily manipulate them to get the look u want.

Chelleypie810 I was looking through some of the threads with Bantu Knots and I think you could do that on your hair to get the waves like SJP has in the picture. When I was reading some of the threads it seems like the more bantu knots you put in the more and tighter waves you get. So I would probably do just a few to get the loose waves. Just a suggestion I might try this weekend.

Back