Co washers - are you scared of fall and winter?

Tracy

Alright guys...I'm getting a pretty good workout routine going that I would LOVE to continue into the fall....

But I am scared to death of wearing my hair wet as it gets colder. Not because it gives you colds and stuff necessarily just because the colder it gets, the more my hair tweaks when I wear it wet outside.

What are the rest of you going to do? Are there any daily exercisers on the board that don't rinse or CO wash or otherwise wet their hair after a workout?

Holla at ya girl. Please. I'm having nightmares.
crazy.gif

Re: Co washers - are you scared of fall and winter

Tracy,

I only wash 2X week. --occassionally 3 (but that's usually because I'm itching to try a product that's sittin' up in my house
laugh.gif
)

I usually schedule heavy workouts on those two days (Saturday and Wednesday) and then of course I have at least one workout day where my hair doesn't get washed. I do sweat in my head, but it dries eventually. Sometimes, I will just spray alittle leave-in(like Pantene) after the workout.

I will never forget the Winter of 1998 --air drying my hair, inside the house I became really ill
frown.gif
Winter is a really trying time when it comes to sticking to my regimen.
smile.gif

I'm wondering about this too. I just started doing co washes this summer so I don't know what it's like when it gets colder. I don't sweat much when I work out so if it's not a wash day I spritz with something and just don't wash. I know it seems gross but I haven't had any problems. Again, I don't sweat much so it might be different for you.

I may slow down on the conditioner washes. I work out at home vigorously 4 days a week in the morning but in the winter, I will be working out in the evening time and just do my hair then. This way, it will be most damp while Im home and may dry over night then be semi dry by the morning... especially the hair closest to my scalp. What's in the bun will probably be a different story. BUT if I find that this isnt working for me, I will have to come up with another regimen.

I've been doing it for years, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Usually my hair is somewhat dry by the time I get to work from having the heat on in my car. I bundle up big time in the cold though.

I plan to dry my hair on cool (bonnet dryer). I know that I would catch colds if I didnt. Plus, I wash in the evenings....

I don't have any plans to change my regimen either. I usually co wash on wednesdays and shampoo wash on sundays (or saturdays if i have major plans on sunday). So, I don't have wet hair constantly.

Well, I usually wear braids for the better part of the winter, so I don't wet my hair frequently then. I think that when I do wet co my hair, I think that I'll do it at night, oil it extensively, and then twist it to dry overnight so that I can just wear it out the next day without it being too damp.

Thanks guys. I appreciate folks soothing my fears.
laugh.gif

Anyone else that co wahes daily and works out in the AM? What will all my AM aerobics addicts do? I could wash at night....

But what else is an option?

Sg - I hear you on the product thing...
laugh.gif
In the winter my products get a workout of their own!
laugh.gif
Your plan does sound like an option tho...I'll definitely see if it works for me...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I do sweat in my head, but it dries eventually. Sometimes, I will just spray alittle leave-in(like Pantene) after the workout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracy,
That's what I do, too!!
smile.gif

ireally don't know. i doubt it. i press my hair in the winter so water is no no. but hen again i got a lot of length this summer and i think part of that is due to the water. maybe if i'm rocking a fro. and if i do i will do it at night.

I plan on keeping with my program. I workout hard everyday and I sweat tons. This hair is finally growing and looking descent, so I'm not stopping.

Back