Clip-In Hair Extensions... Let's Talk About It

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
So, I'm interested in purchasing some clip-in hair so I can do fancy-shmancy braid styles (ie. fishtail braid). My hair is currently BSL, but I want my braid to be full and reach MBL, so I need some extension assistance. :lol: I don't know about brands or anything, so my homework on it starts here. I was also thinking about making my own, but I think it would cost me more to make my own.

Do you have clip-in extensions? What's your experience with them? Do you love them? Could you recommend any brands??

TIA:drunk:

YES! i recommeND but i cant find good ones that match my texture to a tee. Only been able to find the remy and my hair just isnt that silky.

Oh. I must be broke. I can't afford fancy clip ins right now lol. So I'm gonna make my own. I have the thread and clips. I just need to stop being lazy. I have two colors of hair also because I know my own hair color never matches. I'm hoping to wear clip ins for Christmas :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

You can make your own clip ins if you find the hair you want. It's just sewing $3 clips on to a track with needle and thread. I plan on doing it soon with some left over Halley's Curls Gentle Wave Relaxed I have. There are lots of YouTube Tutorials. http://youtu.be/PCp3pKOzASY

You can make your own clip ins if you find the hair you want. It's just sewing $3 clips on to a track with needle and thread. I plan on doing it soon with some left over Halley's Curls Gentle Wave Relaxed I have. There are lots of YouTube Tutorials. http://youtu.be/PCp3pKOzASY

Yep! There are tons of tutorials on how to, but for us lazy/noninventive/un coordinated girls, can some one suggest where to buy them? Especially since winter is coming and sexy buns are in order.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

Reactions: JFK
Yep! There are tons of tutorials on how to, but for us lazy/noninventive/un coordinated girls, can some one suggest where to buy them? Especially since winter is coming and sexy buns are in order.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

My bad! I didn't read the whole OP! :giggle: Sorry, I haven't heard of any good sites. When I looked around, I didn't see any textures that would blend well with textured / relaxed hair. But, I guess that wouldn't matter as much for updos and buns.

I'm not too sure who sells it at the BSS's. But Extensions Plus has a wonderful relaxed texture that will match sooooo good with natural hair ! I actually just made a wig out of mine if you'd like to see the texture. There is also a company called Senghori Shells that sells really nice Kinky Straight as well!! You would have to make the clip-ins yourself, but I think it'd be worth it!! because it's so easy to do!

Chellypie810

I made my own and it was definitely worth it. I bought some Milky Way Yaky perm texture human hair in 16 inches. It was about 50-60 dollars for the one pack I used. The hair matches my hair exactly and looks very realistic looking.

Oh. I must be broke. I can't afford fancy clip ins right now lol. So I'm gonna make my own. I have the thread and clips. I just need to stop being lazy. I have two colors of hair also because I know my own hair color never matches. I'm hoping to wear clip ins for Christmas :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I actually think it would cost more to make your own... I may be wrong though. I priced a clip in hair thingy and it was 70.00. If you buy your own plus clips, I figured it may be more than that.

Sent from my Samsung Epic :)

Yea I used them and the ones I had were too silky for my hair. Try making them that'll probably be the best to get as close to your hair texture.

I'm using left over hair from a sew in earlier this year. I got the hair on sale through a flirty BSS employee so it's not too bad :)

The clips were $2 for 4 clips, I have leftover thread and a needle from the sew in as well. I think that was a dollar. So altogether about $30. It's just the labor that's gonna kill me. I'm lazy as hell...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

I love clip ins! I don't use them for length though, I only use them for thickness. I feel they look more natural that way.

Bumping! I'm thinking of getting halley's curls salon relaxed clip ins. On sale for $96 for 12 pieces different sizes equal to 4 oz of hair.

Back