Clarifiying Shampoo

FifiB

Does anyone use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle as a clarifier? Also, what are other clarifiers that you like? I read in the Science of Black Hair that any sulfate shampoo can suffice as a gentle clarifier...

Does anyone use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle as a clarifier? Also, what are other clarifiers that you like? I read in the Science of Black Hair that any sulfate shampoo can suffice as a gentle clarifier...

I have never actually bought a shampoo because it was a clarifier. Granted I don't use leave-in products so build-up isn't an issue, but even when I did use products, I never bought a "clarifying shampoo" on purpose.

I added "on purpose" because one of my favorite shampoos does have the words "Clarifying" on it and it does leave the scalp feeling very nice and clean. It's also very gentle which sort of defies what I usually think of clarifying shampoos: that they are harsh and stripping. I'm talking about Giovanni 50:50 Balancing/Clarifying Shampoo.

I would never have thought that was a clarifying shampoo just like I don't think Trader Joe shampoos are clarifying. But clearly I don't know what makes a shampoo a clarifying shampoo. But not really having a shampoo for the purpose of clarifying has never posed a problem for me.

Back